March 6, 2010

New Handlebars for a Vintage Motorcycle

Yesterday I ordered the first parts for my 1955 Harley Davidson KH project.  I ordered a new set of “Speedster” handlebars from Faber Cycles.  These bars will replace the ‘buckhorn’ style that are currently on the motorcycle.

One reason I am replacing them is that the current bars are for a later model, they have the holes on the right side bar for a button.  The other reason is that I am hoping it will keep me from feeling so cramped when riding.  Next week, I’ll have a picture with them in my hands, but for the time being I’ll put up the image they provided me when I was communicating with Faber over e-mail.  BTW – questions over email were answered very promptly and I’ve been really happy with the customer service thus far.

speedster-bars

The next step of the project is going to be a rewire that I posted earlier on this blog.  I plan on ordering those wires next week.  After the rewire, I will charge up and install the battery I ordered last Fall.   Hopefully I’ll have everything done in the next couple of weeks as the weather is starting to warm up some around these parts!

Filed under Black KH's Blog, Restoration by

Permalink Print
Share/Save/Bookmark