Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biker dies protesting helmet laws

Re: Biker dies protesting helmet laws

Quote Originally Posted by botakatobi View Post
    It is a tank top.
    That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
    Yep, wear a helmet fellas. You look even more stupid when your're dead.......

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-motorcyclis...143217859.html
    Thats the whole story huh ? How asinine.HMMMMM.? My first question-WHY did the guy HAVE to -"hit his brakes" ? (Group ride,should be predetermined,everybody knows everybody,KNOWS HOW TO RIDE,KNOWS HOW TO RIDE IN A GROUP! ),and should have control of HIS BIKE ! Then of course ,take it from the rocket scientist Lawman,with ALL of his experience about who is at fault and WHY in accident investigations , and whats he tout ? -The government-law enforcement speal.GAG MY ASS WITH a full face NASA helmet.! heysoos H kee riste.The easy and plainly proven way to minimize head injuries on a bike,-NOT ELIMINATE THEM,-MINIMIZE THEM !,,is to get your lame ass in a cage.Until then ,YOU TAKE A CHANCE ANY <<<<<< TIME YOU STRADDLE IT BABY.You have to be smarter than the average bear and even that ain't for sure. ,,,,,,,just sayin,,,,,,ya kno,,,,

Yep, I'm in the freedom of choice camp. I don't want some beuracrat in government dictating what is "safe" enough for me to do. Lots of these people don't think you should be able to ride a motorcycle period. If you don't want to wear one fine, if you do fine, just don't try to force me into what you or the non-rideing public think is "safe enough" which ever side you might be on. Every time my sister in law hears about my wife and I rideing she tells my wife and all her relitives how insane it is, calls them murdercycles. She and I got into that discussion only once, I told her to lose about 100 pounds, eating all those donuts is insane Now she avoids me altogeather LOL
    Jimmy

4. Re: Biker dies protesting helmet laws

[QUOTE=rand;85528]ThatsWHY did the guy HAVE to -"hit his brakes" ? (Group ride,should be predetermined,everybody knows everybody,KNOWS HOW TO RIDE,KNOWS HOW TO RIDE IN A GROUP! ),and should have control of HIS BIKE ! QUOTE]

first of all yes I noticed I am replying to a older dead post, that was revived.

I was on a group ride recently, no one was given directions, & we all knew where we started, where we was stoppping to eat & get gas, & end location, but the road captain chose the route as he went, & communicated to a couple near what to do for blocking. total round trip was roughly 140 miles. it was announced 1 week prior, & 30 guys showed up to ride, & was done as they went, no planning or anything. just showed up, & ride to destination, the way they chose to travel, which was mostly backroads.

the road captain chose 75% back roads, all curvy, unknown, some even to me, & I thought I knew most around these parts, & several novice riders, 1 guy has been riding maybe 4 months, but hasn't even got 1000 miles under his belt, & his wife just got her bike, & if it wasnt acting up she would have been on the ride, & she has under 50 miles. I rode behind him & had told everyone to not crowd him, this was his first "long ride" as I pretty well knew I would be ok, & watched out for him, & he made plenty of mistakes, & every curve swung wide & couldn't keep it in his lane, plus pea gravel on roads made things "interesting" too.

the best thing to do if on a ride, talk to the guys, & gals, & see what their experience level is, & if they need help, watch out for them, & make others aware of them, those with experience (should) be ok. that can help keep everyone safe!

I'm in the camp for freedom of choice on whether to wear or not wear a helmet. My self , I never, repeat, never ride without wearing my full face helmet, I don't care if someone thinks its not "cool looking" or not. I began wearing one many years ago because it was required by the sanctioning organizations, both motorcycle and auto when I was racing a lot and I got to feeling naked without one. I became a believer big time when I was involved in a confrontation with two other bikes over real estate in a really rocky section of a cross country race, all I got was some scuff marks on my body and my full face helmet saved my face when it got planted in the rocks. The two novice heroes that were involved both had el cheapo plastic open face helmets and suffered broken teeth, and a broken nose and permanent disfigurement. Oh yeah, one of them received a severe concussion also. I also had an incident on a street bike caused by my own stupidity and ended up on the pavement. I'm alive today because of that helmet. I am not saying that a law that demands that every one has to wear a helmet should be the law, but I think from personal experience, you are stupid not to wear one even if the law doesn't require it where you are riding.
    Ron

well said ,dave

Quote Originally Posted by botakatobi View Post
    It is a tank top.
    I thought that singlets were for the 90c.c. Honda crew!?
    A poor boy plays by poor boy ways

Thread Information