Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Post Pictures

How to Post Pictures

Many new members are always asking how to post pics. Here's some basic stuff to get you started.

Go to www.photobucket.com and register for an account. It's free. There are other websites you can use to store pictures but I think this one is the easiest to use. Once your account is open, click on upload and select the picture you want to add from your computer file. It will automatically upload the pic and store in your account.

Photobucket has revised there layout so it's a little different from what it used to be. Anyway, the easiest method is to click on the picture on PB you want to use and it will be displayed as one large photo. On the right side of the page is a box labeled "Image Links". The very bottom one is called "Img Code". Left click your mouse on the code and it will flash yellow and say "Copied". It is now on your PC's clipboard.

Go to the forum post where you want the picture posted and set the cursor where you want the picture to go and then left click your mouse to set the cursor. Then right click and a box will appear and you will left click "Paste". You're done!

If you need more help, go to http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/PhotobucketHelp.htm and read the instructions there.

Something else I found recently that's nice is a Photobucket app I have on my android phone. I have it setup so whenever I take a cell phone pic it automatically adds it to my PB album.
    Last edited by Mr. Big; 01-03-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Re: How to Post Pictures

I thought I was following those to a tee, but still no luck, thanks, Larry

Photobucket isn't the only image-hosting site on the planet, you know. I prefer ImageShack, myself--- and there are others.

And I've also been asked lately how to upload photos directly from the computer hard drive to this forum. I tried walking through it myself, but had no luck. I think someone should look into that issue--- it should not be necessary to use a third-party hosting site just to post a few photos here.
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Test Pic Posting

!BerKz2gBGk~$(KGrHqMOKjMEryBlKduCBK-MRUwgn!~~_3.JPG

Ok, I tried it and it works but it's a pain. PB is just so much easier to use once you get it down. To use it you need to click on "Go Advanced" and then click on the paperclip thingy to add an attachment.

Fabe made a nice PowerPoint page that shows the PB instructions. Larry, I'm going to email you and go ahead and respond back with your address and I'll send it to you. The email here will not let me add the attachment.

5. Re: How to Post Pictures

I agree on the photo posting........jumpin all over the web to post a pic wastes my time.

This is a test. Only a test.

This is another freakin' test.

8. Angry Re: How to Post Pictures

One beautiful Knuck! Absolutely no way for for me to read, much less use manage attachments on my smart phone! Sucks, Sucks, Sucks!!! Started out good till I got to important part then it went to Hell

It use to be easy to post pictures from other web sites just by coping the img link and paste it.. now the [img] links don't work doing it that way. And every time I try to use the forums url link, it says it's too large. when I upload from my computer, the photo ends up too small.......

I now have to save it and upload it to photobucket everytime and use photobuckets img link. What happened? this has been going on a couple months now.
    1947 EL
    1948 FL Project
    1947WL Project
    2000FLSTC

But there's booze in the blender
    And soon it will render
    That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

You never get better....you just get less awful. "Joe Walsh"

I finally figured out how to post pictures from other web sites. When I tried to post it before, it would say the image was always too large. but now if I un check "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" it will post them now.
    1947 EL
    1948 FL Project
    1947WL Project
    2000FLSTC

But there's booze in the blender
    And soon it will render
    That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

You never get better....you just get less awful. "Joe Walsh"

Thread Information