Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for pictures of 60/70s choppers Specifically Molding pictures

Re: looking for pictures of 60/70s choppers Specifically Molding pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Paps View Post
    Pics of one of my molded 1955 KHK choppers. Sorry for the poor film quality. Paps

Dad is sitting on the bike in this pic
    That is exactly the look I think choppers should have....

Unforgiven

Shovelheadred Guest

Beautiful Bike, Yup thats the look Im going for. I dont have that long of a front end so a 12 over glide will have to do (for now) then when I can save up my pennies I will re rake and stretch for something a little longer. Thanks for posting! Love the Aris headlights and tiller bars by the way

3. Re: looking for pictures of 60/70s choppers Specifically Molding pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Bigincher View Post
    That's how it was done in the 60s/70s--- didn't you notice the title of this thread?
    Yes sir I noticed. Thats how some so called "chopper builders" still do it, and I still think it doesn't look good. I can appreciate the idea, but not the execution of it.

I looked so COOL on that KHK guys ! Beaver [snatch] were everywhere ! I called the machine my death trap. LOL... I could not let go of the handlebars at all ! The weight of the front end would roll over instantly ! And yes...it took a parking lot to go 360. I did beat a PA highway patrol who was running a Mopar 440 mag with it though. He chased me because I didn't have a PA mandatory helmet on at the time. I beat him and hit behind a local watering hole. He back tracked... swung around the bar's rear.....saw my bike....came in... and asked who the bike belonged to. I ignored him at first. He asked again. This time when he asked....he revealed the 3rd degree burns on his hand from checking the pipes. LOL...I confested....he wrote me out a lengthy ticket....I paid the ticket !

Good story, Paps..!
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

I found this today on YouTube. I do not know if any of these bikes will have what you are looking for. The one at 1:28 looks the most uncomfortable .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2eCeWQkXU
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Those Japanese are waaaay out there..! Looks like they had a contest--- "Who-Can-Make-The-Longest-Stupidest-Ugliest-Most-Dangerous-Unridable-Front-End-And-Still-Keep-It-On-The-Road".....
    I would've liked to see some of those bikes when they got into that curve at the end--- and did you see the front wheel flop on one of those crazy-long jobs? Whew..!
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Quote Originally Posted by Bigincher View Post
    Good story, Paps..!
    True story Big.... I thought the dude was gonna take me ride but he didn't. He was a very cool dude even though he got burnt pretty bad. As I saw it.....he was humbled by the fact that he even touched the pipes. His skin was still on the pipes when I sold the ride. Flatties put out a lot of heat ! KHK's put out more ! LOL....That bike was a babe magnet ! Snatch heaven...if I might use the phrase.. It was the envy of all the other Bro's in the area. They had their Pans, BT Flatties, Sporties, even Honda chops, but their eye was on me scoot and the ladies who hovered over it. Times gone by Bro.... I live to tell but me can't tells no more ! LOL

Shovelheadred Guest

Quote Originally Posted by haugster1340 View Post
    I found this today on YouTube. I do not know if any of these bikes will have what you are looking for. The one at 1:28 looks the most uncomfortable .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq2eCeWQkXU
    They are clearly over compensating for something. Them are some of the dumbest looking bikes Ive ever seen. To each their own I guess

After deciding how uncontrolable my first khk chopper was in reference to handling, I decided to build another 1955 khk chopper. I went with an early Sporty front end...with a BRAKE !, but molded all the reat of the bike in the same order as my first khk chopper. I even grapped me up the same seating and lighting on the rear. I hid the price on the for sale sign to avoid critisism to my needed some cash flow NOW criteria. Bike sold in Seattle, Wa.....on the water front of Lake Washington. Paps

Thread Information