Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choke lever used with 6" airfilter?

Hans Guest

Choke lever used with 6" airfilter?

Hi gents,
    Can someone here help me finding the correct part number for the choke lever used with the 6" airfilter. I simply Can't find it, I assume there was at special short choke lever for the first 6" airfilter.
    Thanks

Re: Choke lever used with 6" airfilter?

How about introducing yourself Hans. It will go a long way towards getting some response!
    And what model are you talking about?
    Robbie
    Last edited by Rubone; 12-11-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Hans Guest

Okay, sorry. I'm from Europe, Denmark. Well I'm restoring my old flathead from 1938 ( 38UL ), and I'm just wondering if there are a special length og the choke lever installed on the linkert carburator when installed together with the 6" airfilter ( 1936..38 ). Can someone here help me with the oem spare part number, and comfirm that there is a special length for the 6" airfilter.
    Thanks

hans looking at my 37 ul using a snout style airhorn it looks to me that the choke lever has plenty of room to clear a round aircleaner coming off the forward side of a m51 linkert it measures 3.5 inches. a 6 inch aircleaner measuring from the center of the carb should be roughly 3 inches. from the center of the carb to the end of the lever is about 4 inches. i would like to find a 6 inch cleaner for my bike if you run across another one keep me in mind.

Hans,
    Hello to Denmark!
    The number is 1233-33A. It is a round rod that angles out from the body of the carb, not like the later one which is L shaped for the 7 inch cover.
    Robbie

i must have the later one. what does the early one look like? i have the early 4 line of script m 51 so i figured it was the correct chokelever as well.

Hans Guest

I thought that the #1233-33A was the one used for the 7 inch, Can someone send a picture of the one used with the 6 inch airfilter. Thanks

Check out this page from Linkerts.com.

http://www.linkertcarbs.com/linkertchoke.html

None of those levers pictured on that site are the right one. It is made of round stock like the later 7 inch one but is shaped totally differently. Instead of an L shape it comes out at a diagonal. Sort of like an Indian one but not one piece. Thought I might have one to photograph but haven't found one yet. the part number I listed is the same in the 1940, 1941, and 1945 parts books for the SV with the 6 inch air cleaner. When H-D went to a 7 inch air cleaner they kept the same number!
    Robbie

Hans Guest

Thanks Robbie

Well, that's exactly my words, there's only a picture of the 7 inch choke lever on that Linkert site.
    Anyway - I have tryed to send him a mail ( parts@linkertcarbs.com ) asking about the choke lever used
    for the 6 inch airfilter, unfortunately no reply.
    I have also studyed many parts catalogs ( 1938 and 1941 spareparts ), without finding any picture of
    the choke lever used on the 6 inch airfilter, I can only find one called #1233-33A, but no picture,
    so if someone here have a picture I'm very interested!!!.

Thanks

Thread Information