Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMCA Forum

Re: AMCA Forum

Quote Originally Posted by bob42wlc View Post
    I joined the AMCA about a month ago 'cause I've been told the litterature was great but let me tell you there's nothing going on that forum. Maybe 1 or 2 posts / day and nothing I can't learn here.
    There are many a good folk on there one needs to meet as friends. I know.....I've met many of them and and we are now friends.

I spend a lot of time at the AMCA forum and I hope I'm not one of those "experts". I try to limit my comments to things I know something about, but I also like to bullshit It's been my experience in life, that people love to talk about things they are familiar with, and largely, want to be helpful too. However, I have had the unpleasant experience of being treated like a leper for having the tenacity of trying to get information from a person of royal motorcycle blood. I've never encountered a person here at CAIMAG like that, and only one person at the AMCA forum like that. Most all of the a-holes with that attitude are people I have had the miserable misfortune to meet in person. Why, you may ask, are people like that; I can only say, they are the people who keep the psychiatric community in leather couches And on the subject of forums, I wish more people would participate on the AMCA forum, but I understand why people don't go there.

I just went back to the beginning of this thread, and it started over 7 years ago. I remember that time in the AMCA and a lot of that angst, and anger was due to how disorganized the top level of the AMCA board was; and of course that rolled down hill to the membership, and into the AMCA forum. I don't see that behavior at all on the AMCA forum anymore so I think this is a moot point in that regard.

"I don't see that behavior at all on the AMCA forum anymore so I think this is a moot point in that regard." Not much behavior there at all good or bad. You might find just 3 new post a day.

I'm one of the few who never left. I support the AMCA and will continue to. Anyone who whines that much over $40 a year needs a new hobby.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

6. Re: AMCA Forum

Rubone I don't think it's cool to bag on a person for not being able to afford $40 a year to belong to a club,some of us can't but still love the hobby even though we can't afford an antique bike because people have driven the prices up to insane levels because they can whip out their credit cards and buy a 2500 dollar speedo or 2000 dollar horn. We still love the bikes and have to enjoy it from a far and be able to read and learn on free sights like this that the folks here are so kind to give us. Maybe someday we will get platinum status and be able to afford it but untill then we will just watch and learn,no wonder the young guys don't want to get into this hobby with that kind of attitude

7. Re: AMCA Forum

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    I spend a lot of time at the AMCA forum and I hope I'm not one of those "experts". I try to limit my comments to things I know something about, but I also like to bullshit It's been my experience in life, that people love to talk about things they are familiar with, and largely, want to be helpful too. However, I have had the unpleasant experience of being treated like a leper for having the tenacity of trying to get information from a person of royal motorcycle blood. I've never encountered a person here at CAIMAG like that, and only one person at the AMCA forum like that. Most all of the a-holes with that attitude are people I have had the miserable misfortune to meet in person. Why, you may ask, are people like that; I can only say, they are the people who keep the psychiatric community in leather couches And on the subject of forums, I wish more people would participate on the AMCA forum, but I understand why people don't go there.
    I'll probably never get over royal amca blood's attitude to me when i was a kid in my 20's and 30's. i could not help the fact i had a several Indians, and some very cool British singles. i think i have always been a pretty respectful person, even as kid, but it was clear the royalty snubbers made it clear a Velo Tthruxton, a Gold Star, and an ohc KSS were not cool, or they told me, "those are limey bikes."

8. Re: AMCA Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Paps View Post
    There seems to be an epidemic of bashing all over the web. Me thinks everyone is on edge and it is to easy to spit and spat on the web. It used to be folks could make their points without drawing on attacks. Mud slinging is presently the diplomacy instead of civil discussion. It will all blow over though. Paps
    As Roger Waters would say, "The bravery of being out of range."

9. Re: AMCA Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Paps View Post
    There are many a good folk on there one needs to meet as friends. I know.....I've met many of them and and we are now friends.
    MANY members on the AMCA forum have been EXTREMELY helpful to me at the beginning and throughout the entire time I was piecing together my 27JD. I cannot imagine not having their support and encouragement. The AMCA forum is excellent in my opinion, but then i always try to stay humble.

Quote Originally Posted by cdan View Post
    Rubone I don't think it's cool to bag on a person for not being able to afford $40 a year to belong to a club,some of us can't but still love the hobby even though we can't afford an antique bike because people have driven the prices up to insane levels because they can whip out their credit cards and buy a 2500 dollar speedo or 2000 dollar horn. We still love the bikes and have to enjoy it from a far and be able to read and learn on free sights like this that the folks here are so kind to give us. Maybe someday we will get platinum status and be able to afford it but untill then we will just watch and learn,no wonder the young guys don't want to get into this hobby with that kind of attitude
    You don't have to be a rich man to get into the hobby. There are plenty of Shovelheads, BMW's , Triumphs, Hondas etc for under 10 grand. You don't have to start out with a Knucklehead or an Indian Chief. Plus for the price of an AMCA membership you get a subscription to the magazine

Thread Information