Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMCA Forum starting to crack down. Or crack up.

Re: AMCA Forum starting to crack down. Or crack up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
    " I had to sign in five times to get on to THIS SITE today. I have to manually sign in every time I visit THIS SITE. The AMCA site remembers who I am and automaticly signs me in."

Chris, your computer is clearing your "cookies" and when it does, it clears your login info. Check your settings.
    So why aren't the cookies for the AMCA and other sites site cleared? It started doing this when they redisigned this site.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

Hmmmm.....that's weird. Ask KH.

Well, here's a solution--- we could all just chuck the computers, and start meeting in a tavern every night and on Saturdays and Sundays...! LOL
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Quote Originally Posted by Bigincher View Post
    Well, here's a solution--- we could all just chuck the computers, and start meeting in a tavern every night and on Saturdays and Sundays...! LOL
    Yeah! Somewhere close to everybody! Like St. Louis! Good one, Tom!
    Last edited by Sarge; 11-14-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: "Yeah" starts with a "Y."
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Leah! Somewhere close to everybody! Like St. Louis! Good one, Tom!
    I was thinking more like Boise City, Oklahoma!
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

we can just conect our empty beer cans to string and yell into the can. i can't log onto this site from work

Today is the 16th. Yesterday was the deadline for the AMCA forums new posting policies to go into affect. Apparently....the new software does not do what was stated it would do. I was able to login and post and my profile does not include my first and last names. ????????????? Paps

Quite a few of those members let their true colors shine thru about those of us who chose not to trust Rocky with our personal information. Who needs the grief of listening to that crap? Between the way the new judging system got railroaded into being and the list of other questionable decisions made by the board, I'm starting to wonder if my $30. spent there is something I wish to continue.
    -Steve

Actually Steve....I'm starting to reconsider remaining as a member also. To many members, at least on the AMCA forum, mis-read damn near everything they view. What is most troubling about this though is.....hardly any member corrects those mis-reading members. Additionally, those who mis-read, and who also reply sarcastically, do not even apologize for their off the wall statements, even when their error is pointed out. As to the president...I can't say I don't trust Rocky. I only know him from meets and a few times meeting with him while with a friend. I have friends who consider him an alright individual. My distrust is in the web as a whole. The technology is by far fail proof. I certainly don't understand the logic and lack of common sense behind the AMCA forums new posting policy decision. Are the powers that be that nieve ? I've come to another assumption as to why one can still post since the 15th has come and went. I may be wrong but this is what I think.... they did not activate the new forum software because they have not received confirmation from the attorneys on the issue of liability, or they have heard back from the attorneys but they have not drawn up an adaquately worded disclaimer of protection against liability. If the later is the reason, they will have to provide more notice as to the disclaimer addition and that may mean all forum members will have to sign a waiver of sorts. By signing such a waiver, each member will have acknowledged reading the disclaimer and agree with it. Only this path will protect the club from liability to identity theft. Or......they can retract the new forum posting policy of the first and last name requirement. Then again...I may be wrong...it's not like I haven't been wrong before. Paps

It seems to me that the club has been more interested in money making ventures lately than preserving the history of old machines. Try to have a discussion about old brit bikes on that site and you’ll be talking to yourself. The club isn’t about old bikes anymore, it’s only about expensive bikes and who owns them. Seems like guys with dirty hands are no longer tolerated there. I get the feeling that there is a group of guys in the club who only see our membership money as a way to further their own agenda’s. I wonder what the founding fathers of the club would think of it today?

On the matter of providing our personal information for the web site, I have my thoughts about that as well. The AMCA has a membership loaded with folks who have a fair amount of expendable income. Can you imagine what that list of names would be worth to the right people? I don’t believe for a minute that the club would not cash in on some of that. My trust is not what it used to be with that organization. I hope I’m full of sh*t about all this but I’ve seen nothing from the club to make me think other wise.
    -Steve

Thread Information