Thread: Motorcycle Cannonball Day 3

Motorcycle Cannonball Day 3

Today was the day a lot of folks were dreading due to the steep and windy roads we had to travel to get over the mountain. Some riders took the option to ride half day and take a half day penalty or risk it all and try to ride up and down the mountain.

Dave and I rode the mountain and made it with no real issues. We got separated and I ran out of gas but a couple of friends on modern Harleys were along with me and siphoned out some gas and got me and Selma back on the road.

I was one of the first bikes to pull into Wheels Through Time and was received by thousands of spectators. It was pretty overwhelming.

Selma is running strong, still leaking oil from the transmission but is often getting easier to kick start.

There are currently 17 riders still with perfect scores, and I am pleased to report Dave Fusiak and I are among them.

Wish us luck tomorrow with more steep hills as we leave North Carolina and head to Coker Tires HQ for dinner tomorrow night.

I am beat after only 3 days of this and wonder how I will feel after 2 weeks.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Re: Motorcycle Cannonball Day 3

Those 1915 Harley are the best bike. They only leak oil to tell you that they have some and will need more. I like that bike you are riding Buzz. You have done a good job with it. Only 14 days to go. Keep us up dated, we need new of the brake downs, close calls and o shits. Stay out of the ditch and good luck.

Thanks Terry. Yes, Dave Fusiak built me a sweet bike. One Oh Shit moment was day two in the heavy pouring rain. I was thinking about my magneto and the wires getting set and an hour later she died on the side of the road. The others had already left and I was sitting there feeling sorry for myslef. Then I checked the gas and the right side was close to empty. I opened the left side and she kicked on the third try. I went straight to the first gas station and breathed a big sigh of relief.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Sorry Buzz, have been under the weather all weekend and could not make it. I am not happy about it. Life on life's terms I guess.
    I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure - Clarence Darrow

"All that a fella has to do, is ride into that Union Camp, raise his right hand and swear as such that you'll be loyal to the United States, and he can take up his horse again, and go home." Yeah, Right...

1947 Indian Chief
    2012 Indian Chief

Great to meet you Buzz. That was awsome at the WTT..
    I just got back home. Another great time in the mountains. Did around 1175 miles on my shovel since thursday.
    Good luck on the reat of your trip!!

77 FXE Super Glide
    Confederate Edition
    Yea it's the real deal.
    228 Super Glides Made

Thread Information