Thread: Boardtracker Tribute

1. Boardtracker Tribute

Hello, I'm a 20 year old from WA thats very into old motorcycles. Since I don't have nearly enough money to purchase an early American motorcycle, I decided to go ahead and make my own in the meantime (plus my buddy built up a vintage Whizzer, and I got jealous). It started out as a '50s Roadmaster bike frame and a snowblower engine, and it's slowly turned into this. The clutch and sheave are off a vintage Whizzer, and the gas tank is homemade, most other parts are custom or altered to make work. It rides great, and is pretty comfortable for long rides. As with most things, it's still a work in progress.

I spend most of my free time poking around the countryside for old cars and motorcycles, so it's just a matter or time till I find my own vintage bike. My dream ride would be a Henderson, but more realistically I'd love to find a '30s Harley.

If any of you are going to the AMCA swap meet in Tenino this weekend, I'm planning on riding this in from Olympia. Hoping to find a better headlight bucket (once I find one I like I'll wire in the lighting), some matching vintage brake/clutch levers, and I'm thinking about adding an external gas tank on a rack on the rear to help with longer rides.

Re: Boardtracker Tribute

it's a cool ride but wont that jack shaft eat you alive

That is one very cool looking first bike. Very cool!
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

4. Re: Boardtracker Tribute

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    it's a cool ride but wont that jack shaft eat you alive
    It might if you weren't paying attention, but I figure most vintage bikes are that way. I've put a ton of miles on it and never had any issues.

That's great. I'm looking forward to seeing it at Tenino.
    Moon Wolf

Possessor of many parts that used to be Harley Davidson Motorcycles and someday soon will be again, including a 1957 XL, 1961 XLH, 1962 XLH, 1965 XLH, 1968 XLH...

I will be bring a full trailer of J- JD- Indian parts to Tenino WA. and I will throw in some small headlight buckets for you. Look me up, Terry Marsh.

Smile Re: Boardtracker Tribute

HI Terry are going to Davenport. if so bring that truck load of j & jd parts with you.always looking for jd stuff.[/COLOR]

Great job! You should consider removing the fan shrouds on right side of the motor to expose the cylinder. I saw another motor bike with a similar engine, that they had removed the cooling vanes off the fly wheel, and it looked very really nice. The cooling fan and shrouds was for applications where there wasn't enough air flow over the cylinder for cooling. Not a problem with a motobike.
    Dave Morrill
    Sylacauga, AL. USA.

Deadly Dave's Blog
    Lost Stories of Early American Motorcycling.

http://dlmracing.blogspot.com/

1921 Harley-Davidson Model J Racer

It will break a hundred, if dropped from an airplane!

9. Re: Boardtracker Tribute

Quote Originally Posted by terry marsh View Post
    I will be bring a full trailer of J- JD- Indian parts to Tenino WA. and I will throw in some small headlight buckets for you. Look me up, Terry Marsh.
    Thanks, I apprciate it. Unfortunately I'm being dispatched to a fire tomorrow morning and won't be able to make it to the swap, thanks again though.

And thanks Dave for the advice, I think i'll try taking the cooling shroud off. I was worried about overheating without it, but it can't hurt to try!

Thread Information