Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What A Joke FS "1947 Panhead"

1. What A Joke FS "1947 Panhead"

Better rusk over and buy this beautifully restored and correct 1947 Panhead from a private collection. Sellers loss is our gain.

Yeah, right. I particularly like the tele forks and Pan engine on the "correct 1947" And the disc brakes front and rear must have been prototype items. And perhaps the external spring seat, and...

Hey you tell me what else is wrong with this collectors nightmare..er..dream.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...spagenameZWDVW
    Dual Carb - 2 carbs are better than 1

Classic Harley Magazine
    Vincent Motorcycles

No, it's not totally correct, but I'd give their Buy-It-Now price if I was closer. Oh yeah, I know that '47 was the last year Knuck, but it might actually be a Pan/Knuck, in which case it would be worth a lot more as a restored Knuck. Might have to cahnge front ends, too!
    But still, this bike is what I am looking for!! (Have to get the bottom of why they are calling it a 1947.) Damn, it's in Florida, I'm in Washington.
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Scooter Guest
    Somebody on e-bay needs to define the word restoration. Seen a lot of these so called restorations on there lately.

Scooter

I am not an 'E-bay person', but I've learned to take all that with a grain of salt. It's ebay, so you'll more than likely see more incorrectness than correctness. I don't use ebay, I guess I'm too old-fashioned and figure it's a good place to get screwed.
    Now, all that aside, I like this bike a lot, and I'd give em what they ask, if I could hear it run and ride it a little bit, and it wasn't a total POS. I am NOT someone who needs every little detail to be just so-so and 'year correct. I would need to find out why they call it a 47 Pan, though!
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Scooter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigincher View Post
    I am not an 'E-bay person', but I've learned to take all that with a grain of salt. It's ebay, so you'll more than likely see more incorrectness than correctness. I don't use ebay, I guess I'm too old-fashioned and figure it's a good place to get screwed.
    Now, all that aside, I like this bike a lot, and I'd give em what they ask, if I could hear it run and ride it a little bit, and it wasn't a total POS. I am NOT someone who needs every little detail to be just so-so and 'year correct. I would need to find out why they call it a 47 Pan, though!

Oh don't get me wrong, my 69 has a lot of incorrect stuff on it. I can't afford all the correct stuff and don't really want it. My bike is almost just the way I like it. She's a rider, not a museum queen.

Scooter

There Is Alot To Be Said About Riders! I Have My Riders, And My Show Bikes. Which Do You Think I Ride The Most? Don't Get Me Wrong I Love My Show Bike, But I Can't Relax When I Ride The. I'm Always Worried That Something Might Happen To Them. Maybe It's Just Me.
    CHIEFJ48

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

If I am doing this right, here's a pictue of the "collector's scream"... I mean "Dream"

Last edited by Buzz_Kanter; 12-13-2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Forum Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Harley magazine
    Classic Harley Classic Harley Info
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Yeah, what a joke, huh? Tube front end, disk brakes, electronic ignition, 12v electrics--- what a hunka junk.
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

Looking at the gear chest cover and compairing it to my MMI notes, it has a 48-53 cover.....
    John 3:16

I Still Think It Would Be A Great Rider/hot Rod
    CHIEFJ48

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Thread Information