Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A last Its Ready

Re: A last Its Ready

Sorry VLScout, my eyesight is not what it once was. Now that I look again I can see the blue, even better!
    I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure - Clarence Darrow

"All that a fella has to do, is ride into that Union Camp, raise his right hand and swear as such that you'll be loyal to the United States, and he can take up his horse again, and go home." Yeah, Right...

1947 Indian Chief
    2012 Indian Chief

Hi All
    Took the 101 for its first ride today ! Only covered about 5 miles I guess but enough to let me know most things are working well,,, A little bit of clutch drag to deal with and a poor flowing fuel tap,which was easily overcome!
    If time and weather permits tomorrow may see about 30 miles added to the bike!
    One thing I had forgotten after riding big twins for so long was how light and agile the 101 is !
    Regards Phil

Just a few pics at one of my destinations today!
    Regards Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images

vl, it must have been allot of satisfaction and joy in taking it out for the first time. it looks better every time i look at it.

Great looking machine --congratulations on a job well done. There's something about firing up your restoration project after the long months or years (and in my case, decades) of learning, planning, parts shopping and hard work.

Then you slip it into gear, ease in the clutch and roll out onto the highway with the motor purring under you.

You've brought back some great memories, Phil, and created some too!

Walt
    32V4191

Awesome! very nice job...
    64 Duo-Glide

Adelaide had another perfect day about 24c this morning , We headed off with the Scout for about a 45 mile journey through the beautiful Southern Adelaide hills .I guess I would call this the shake down run ,Nothing fell off and no extra ordinary issues with the machine! Still a little too much oil getting to the sump,and hence a little finding its way out of the breather and over the rear frame,I cut it back a little for the return trip home and will still need to reduce further as the test riding indicates !
    Regards Phil Jenner

Bob Kelley Guest

vscout -- that's a real beauty! Stunning with all that detail work spot-on.

The blue comes out more in the photos with the sun.

At first I too thought it was black. Rocky Halter (AMCA prez) has/had a really nice 101 that really is black. I got a good look several years ago at Oley. I noticed the rubber on the footboards was getting pretty beat up (very easy to fix, with accurate repros out there cheap) and I found myself wondering if that was because he's such a big guy and rides hard. Maybe he was "posting" up out of the seat on bad pavement. He had thoroughly restored the bike not all that long before I saw it, so I assume he did the footboard rubber along with everything else. It didn't look old ... just pulled back and distorted by pressure.

Today was another beautiful Autumn day ,Low 20s C deg and sunny, so took the 101 out for another run,, about 70km . with no problems.. do miss the grunt of a 74ci but the light and nimble handling make the bike a pleasuer to ride!
    Regards phil Jenner
    regards Phil

10. Re: A last Its Ready

Man I want to get my bike back together now and go ride.

Thread Information