Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Cannonball Route & Dates

Motorcycle Cannonball Route & Dates

We just received and posted the probable route and dates for next year's Motorcycle Cannonball ride. We have this info on the blog side of this motorcycle forum.

It leaves from Kitty Hawk, NC on Friday morning, September 10, and is planned to arrive in Santa Monica, CA on Saturday afternoon, September 25.

That's roughly 3,320 miles in 16 days of riding time (including one day off in Fort Smith, Arkansas). That's averaging a little over 220 miles per riding day. Wish us luck!
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Re: Motorcycle Cannonball Route & Dates

Piece of cake! Man, that's going to be a great adventure!
    52 HydraGlide
    59 Pan/Knuck Chopper
    77 Stroker Shovel FLH
    94 Evo Secret Components

That's too cool... Sounds like a good time for all!!!

I havent been to Kitty Hawk since the early 70's....

Good luck and have fun!!

vlgirl Guest

I'm riding the Cannonball! Thanks for the invite to join your team Buzz and Dale!
    I'll be on our 1915 H-D Twin 3 speed. Ordered new tires and tubes today so I can practice the foot clutch/hand shifter. Going to have the motor, brakes, lighting etc... gone over way before the start in Sept.

Have done several cross-country rides, most miles in one day solo was 750. Never on anything this old, but what the heck? Once in a lifetime ride that I wouldn't miss for the world!

I wonder if there are any other women riding on this? Or will it be like the old days when I was the only one?

Go Cris Go!!!
    Robbie
    Last edited by Rubone; 12-03-2009 at 10:07 AM.

this is going to be one big blast. 3000 and something miles on those old bikes seems like a real big deal to me. there will be daily updates on the site from someone won't there be buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by vlgirl View Post
    I'm riding the Cannonball! Thanks for the invite to join your team Buzz and Dale!
    I'll be on our 1915 H-D Twin 3 speed. Ordered new tires and tubes today so I can practice the foot clutch/hand shifter. Going to have the motor, brakes, lighting etc... gone over way before the start in Sept.

Have done several cross-country rides, most miles in one day solo was 750. Never on anything this old, but what the heck? Once in a lifetime ride that I wouldn't miss for the world!

I wonder if there are any other women riding on this? Or will it be like the old days when I was the only one?

Cris:

You might be the only woman actually riding on this. No pressure on you or anything, eh?

Glad to have you on our team, now ws still have to figure out a name. One of the members suggested Team Total Loss, which I kind of like. Still open to other names.
    Buzz Kanter

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

I've already asked the boss (wife) for a day or two to drive down to meet up with the group at the Wheels Through Time. Would be kind of cool to be there to hang out with all the riders and anyone else that might be there... It might be a dual purpose trip as I have family just up the road in Kingsport, TN.

Just wish it wasn't 9 months away!!
    1955 KH - Something about riding a bike 20 years older than I am... I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Black KH View Post
    I've already asked the boss (wife) for a day or two to drive down to meet up with the group at the Wheels Through Time. Would be kind of cool to be there to hang out with all the riders and anyone else that might be there... It might be a dual purpose trip as I have family just up the road in Kingsport, TN.

Just wish it wasn't 9 months away!!
    Well, speaking for many of the riders, I am glad it's 9 months away as none of us is anywhere near ready.
    Buzz Kanter

vlgirl Guest

Me too Buzz... I've just started. It will take me a while, but I am really excited about the whole adventure!

Thread Information