Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backem up

Backem up

Just had laptop shut down. No virus it was a windows 10 error and the dreaded Blue screen. I do backups and put things on USB an a old hard drive for safe keeping but hadn't did it in awhile. I took it to a pc fix shop near me and it took him awhile to get it up and running. All is good now. So just a heads up Backem up. Also make a folder or write down all your passwords , backup your bookmarks, and what ever apps and extensions your using print it out and remember where you put it.

Re: Backem up

and people want bill gates to make a virus vaccine for covid.19. Maybe somebody looted your computer.

I just got done with some local research and didn't save it to my usb like I always do, about a weeks work and I though I lost it. Lesson learned. It's kind of amazing how much you save on a pc after a few years.

If you're doing research, having a auto back up routine is invaluable. My wife does genealogy for fun and profit. Carbonite has saved her bacon a few times over the years. We may migrate to Windows365 subscription though. Worth looking into your options.
    Grooving in Shovely sunshine

I thought this would be a thread about reverse gears......
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

once a motorhead always a motorhead LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    and people want bill gates to make a virus vaccine for covid.19. Maybe somebody looted your computer.
    Here, lets put this little chip in everyone. It's only to see if you are vaccinated. Oh, by the way, we are going to do away with cash. Just hold up your hand and you can pay any bill you have. Oh, you have been a bad boy/girl/whatever gender you are this week.. No cash for you.

Quote Originally Posted by HDpanman View Post
    Here, lets put this little chip in everyone. It's only to see if you are vaccinated. Oh, by the way, we are going to do away with cash. Just hold up your hand and you can pay any bill you have. Oh, you have been a bad boy/girl/whatever gender you are this week.. No cash for you.
    If you're concerned about a vaccine tracking you I suggest you immediately throw away your cell phone because you're already being tracked...

Bo need to shot someone in the neck. They happily carry it in their pocket. Then panic when its lost. I saw a google tracking of movement during virus lock down. They could tell 80 percent of pa’s cell phones stayed home

7,000 ft up on the Palmer Divide in the Colorado Rocky Mtns

Just got my computer back from the repair shop. Hard drive went out, they were able to save 95% of the info on it. Transferred it to the new drive, bought a back-up drive which backs it up every 24 hrs. 'Only' cost me $300 total for my 12 yr. old iMac. Doc

Thread Information