Thread: 68-73 FLH Headlight Bucket Wiring

68-73 FLH Headlight Bucket Wiring

Does anyone own a stock 68-73 FLH they would be so kind as to remove the headlight bulb and shoot a pic of the wiring for me ? Thanks, Pap's

Re: 68-73 FLH Headlight Bucket Wiring

These are from a 69 I did some time ago if it helps.

Murph, seeing your Rolling Rock sign in the back reminded me of a road trip I took out west (in a car). Was on a back road in Wyoming that was being torn up and repaved,they had a flagman stopping traffic and the pack where led by a pace truck one way at a time. I just missed the pack and now was the first in line,got to talking with the guy and since do body behind me (this was in JULY hot as hell !!!) I asked him if he wanted a beer He said sure. I open the trunk and the cooler and handed him a pony bottle 7oz. of rolling rock. He never heard of it. We had 2 each before another car came. He asked me if he could keep the bottle for a souvenir,now I wonder if he still has it. I had many a good trip back in the 70s on motorcycle or car, people where friendly and always treated me like they knew me. Miss those days.

Thanks !! Just what I suspected. Service repair manual schematics were never updated on the wiring color coding. I was hoping to use the pics in reference to my 68 police Servicar. I am the third owner and the two previous owners never replaced the wiring, yet the color coding is solid colors and the routing is different because of the the pursuit light and the turn signal stat harness will not reach the post the schematic says it goes on.
    Last edited by Paps; 05-31-2020 at 06:39 AM.

I was hoping to use the pics in reference to my 68 police Servicar. I am the third owner and the two previous owners never replaced the wiring, yet the color coding is solid colors and the routing is different because of the the pursuit light and the turn signal stat harness will not reach the post the schematic says it goes on.

Site glitched on me.

Thread Information