Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price of outdoor fun going up

Price of outdoor fun going up

I'm really not trying to make fun of the covid situation by putting this in the humor section,but it does seem kinda funny that it took something like this to get people to go outside and enjoy a little exercise and sun light. I also heard outdoor furniture,gas grills,swimming pools,and dogs have been flying off the shelves.Maybe old motorcycle prices will go up.Not many people can afford a new one.

Re: Price of outdoor fun going up

That is how the local store looks now. I went to that section looking for some tires I could put on my garden cart and the shelves are empty.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

I'd be interested in a couple of those flying dogs...

On sale now Mark.

I am in the high end swimming pool and spa business. I have NEVER been under so much stress in my life. Even the 03-07 banking bullshit where they screwed everyone doesn't come close. It is out of control. Yes business is great, but people think we shit it out and want it NOW. It ain't happening. Product is just not out there or available in a reasonable time. I can't just hire any asshole and send them into someone's backyard. It is pure insanity.
    Last edited by HDpanman; 05-23-2020 at 05:52 AM.

There was an article in our local paper about supply lines being cut off or very slow. All the bicycle shops are doing a booming business on repairs etc and are all sold out of women's bicycles and they can't get anymore....source...CHINA !

7. Re: Price of outdoor fun going up

my eldest son owns 2 bicycle shops in Omaha and Papillion, Nebraska; his sales are triple from last year. Before covid19, he typically has around 150 bikes on his sales floors, customers are on waiting lists to get the bicycle they want. He was concerned sales would be down, he just put money down on nearly 1,000 bicycles all which are produced in China.

I can't fault China for doing business with us, the doors to trade and commerce with China was opened by the statesmen of politicians who were voted into office in the early 1970's. Subsequently U.S. businessmen couldn't resist lower production costs with higher profit margins.

Quote Originally Posted by HDpanman View Post
    I am in the high end swimming pool and spa business. I have NEVER been under so much stress in my life. Even the 03-07 banking bullshit where they screwed everyone doesn't come close. It is out of control. Yes business is great, but people think we shit it out and want it NOW. It ain't happening. Product is just not out there or available in a reasonable time. I can't just hire any asshole and send them into someone's backyard. It is pure insanity.
    Be careful what you complain about. I am in the Outdoor Amusement business and I will not have one cent of income this season. No idea what next season will bring. I need this to happen again, hopefully soon.

9. Re: Price of outdoor fun going up

Seems like we're rewarding China for making us sick.

[QUOTE=indianut;304179]Be careful what you complain about. I am in the Outdoor Amusement business and I will not have one cent of income this season. No idea what next season will bring. I need this to happen again, hopefully soon.

I'm complaining about the stress involved. The 03-07 times it ramped up. Able to be controlled and predictable. Able to put qualified people in place.
    This was in 6 weeks. Impossible to ramp up or prepare for. I think overall we will do better, but you can only get so much work done. As I said I can't just throw people at the issue.
    Last edited by HDpanman; 05-23-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Thread Information