Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plugs don't need no stinking plugs

Plugs don't need no stinking plugs

No plugs.jpg
    Plug don't need no stinkin plug or plug in electric motorcycle! I believe the Mothership could make more money selling HD SARS 2 Masks than the E bikes. I hope I'm wrong.

Re: Plugs don't need no stinking plugs

What??????

Ditto !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by droptopford View Post
    What??????

Did you see the picture of the Livewire charging station. In my opinion an overpriced E bike is not going to change Harley's flagging fortunes, however, an official Harley Davidson Face mask probably would bring in a bigger profit margin.

Trying to repost the pictureNo plugs.jpg

Think the pic is too small and the charging station doesn't stand out is part of the problem. I'm not tech savvy enough to be able to enlarge it either. Plus the bike shown ain't lectric so no one gets it. I agree the Livewire is a bust and a lot of wasted money in developing it when they needed to conserve cash. Don't know that they made any break throughs that are exploitable. Lectric bikes are urban environment use and most riders want to get on a bike and get out of the city so range was their biggest issue and was never adequate for country rides. Also way to expensive for what it is and far cheaper bikes that do the same thing. Not enough infrastructure for charging yet in place to make it viable except as a commuter machine IMHO.

Rollo

This may help..

Last edited by Rubone; 05-18-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

I know this is an antique motorcycle site, but you guys have to accept the future, even if it isn't your cup of tea. Battery bikes won't replace internal combustion, but they are a very good alternative for many people. Range is far enough for a day trip, and they say performance is eye-opening. Think Tesla on two wheels. Yes the Livewire is expensive, but not more than other PREMIUM electric bikes. There was a comparison article not long ago and the writers thought the Livewire was actually better than the other expensive electric bike. I wish I could remember what it was, though. I'll probably get one as a project some day.
    1982 FXR - started restoration
    1979 FXS 1200 (1340) nearly done
    96" Evo Softail self built chopper
    2012 103" Road King "per diem"
    2003 Honda CRF230 dirt bike
    plus 11 other bikes over the years.

but you guys have to accept the future
    Actually, no, no one has to accept anything if they choose not to. That isn't our future, we are old, cranky, and won't live to see much of that "future". And with the economic turndown in effect the future has been pushed out a ways....
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    I know this is an antique motorcycle site, but you guys have to accept the future, even if it isn't your cup of tea.
    Not too sure about that. I haven't even accepted the present yet.

I'm witcha Robbie and DTF. The stuff I have read and heard on lectric bikes says that the Zero was the best performer and about half the price of the Livewire. They spent an boat load of money on R&D on this and I expect the out come with be about the same as was the V-Rod. I know one of the engineers on the V-Rod and I think they should have put that power plant in cruisers and police bikes first. A few years and then on to the next greatest thing. Will lectric bike have a future? I think yes but limited and the price on this one has to come down for it to survive. As far as range goes I differ in that 100 miles is not acceptable for me. I have to go about 60 miles just to get out of the idiots range. Then 60 back and that is with no cruising the back roads for another couple hundred miles. Good luck finding an charging station in BF Egypt. They will be attractive the urban commuter and rider where there is infrastructure to support it's use and mileage is not a big deal but for me and my riding not even remotely practical. I'll stick to being a dinosaur and riding my old junk. Good luck to those that go this route though.

Rollo

Thread Information