Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Free money and lots of it !

Re: Free money and lots of it !

If this ever happens again before I die, I would bet your going to see a lot of working people with there own business stay open and fight the next government shut down order.

Or at least have a garden?? Food, shelter, then all of the other cool stuff. Seadub

Quote Originally Posted by SIDECAR View Post
    If this ever happens again before I die, I would bet your going to see a lot of working people with there own business stay open and fight the next government shut down order.
    I have an auto repair shop. We are "essential"--- never closed. If we would have been told to close, I don't think I could have afforded it. Our numbers are not down very much at all. I am glad to be working.
    Randy
    1979 FLH (nice, but over budget)
    Many others, bought, sold, or traded...

I got shut down. For the last 10 weeks i have done odd jobs for neighbors and people i know. Nothing major that will pay the bills. More so to keep me busy. Buildings in Philly wont let me in. Most auctions i deal with in philly are shut. Household moves are down to zero. It will be a cold day in hell before i work in NYC. again. Not just for the virus. They have to many new regulations there. Most buildings want specific insurance papers to enter. A place i deal with in Maryland is closed. The owner is 61. She does not want to reopen or reinvent her business. Sure would be a good time to have a pension or social security checks coming in. My with has not driven a school bus in 3 months. No unemployment checks for her also. It's a real cluster f**k in Pa.

Retired with a pension and SS.If the state files bankruptcy,there goes the pension. Work in an essential business,gun shop part time. Nothing to different for me. The next sh*t storm will be all the new real estate and various taxes the state,county,township,city,school districts,sanitation districts,mosquito abatement districts,library districts and villages will think they need to make up their short falls. No federal money if some have their way. Strap yourself in boys and girls,this will drag on for awhile.

7,000 ft up on the Palmer Divide in the Colorado Rocky Mtns

I'm thinking that those who are just surviving and get thru this, will be big savers once they get their jobs back, pay off those credit cards, and have about 6 months worth of food stored all the time. The Great Depression lasted for most of a decade, and made our Grandparents the savers and scrongers they became. This will be (hopefully) a lot shorter in duration, but might jolt people into changing their lifestyles. Doc

Quote Originally Posted by bianese View Post
    I have been waiting 35 years for this to happen. I hope it shuts down to the point that stupid idiots don't survive and maybe the country can recover, maybe not. Caught 7 catfish and one eel while I slept last night and now it is time to clean the solar panels and water the greenhouse. I love the down time. Hope it lasts a while. Seadub
    I hope one of the stupid idiots is you first in line to not survive. Matter of fact I'm breaking a turkey wishbone in your honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc37W View Post
    I'm thinking that those who are just surviving and get thru this, will be big savers once they get their jobs back, pay off those credit cards, and have about 6 months worth of food stored all the time. The Great Depression lasted for most of a decade, and made our Grandparents the savers and scrongers they became. This will be (hopefully) a lot shorter in duration, but might jolt people into changing their lifestyles. Doc
    that generation became resourceful and innovative, built and designed things. On the other hand, the big cats got real fat in the 1930s
    obscene amounts of money for some and pennies for the rest.

There was a story in the news when this started about a guy who received an electronic deposit for $1 million dollars.
    He was thinking what he should do, if anything, when the money disappeared as suddenly as it came.
    I had something similar happen to me, however it was a lot less money.
    I wondered if my uncle sam was mad at me or ran out of money.
    It is a strange feeling to have money arrive and then disappear with no explanation at all.
    I received a check in the mail today, I hope my uncle sam is good for it.

The roads were empty in my area for April.
    Traffic returned to normal in May even though the state is still officially "closed".
    You may have read Elon Musk is mad at his county as the county is "closed", Elon opened his factory without permission, go ahead arrest me if you don't like it.
    Deaths continue at 1000 per day.

Last edited by 1950panhead; 05-14-2020 at 11:14 AM.

10. Re: Free money and lots of it !

1950panhead
    Since when does the gov't send a post dated check or are you just trying to get a rise out of people like you did me? Your governor needs to put a mask over her entire face if you ask me, especially her twisted eyes, and move on to assist people who want and need to work.

Thread Information