Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free money and lots of it !

Free money and lots of it !

Free money and lots of it !
    I received $1200 yesterday from my uncle sam.
    I wanted to do my part to stimulate the economy so I ordered some motorcycle parts this morning.
    I spent more then $1200 so I guess I have entered deficit spending.
    I was happy to read in the news this morning there will be more free money in larger quantities, $2000 per person per month and $500 for kids too.
    With this in mind I decided deficit spending is ok.
    I asked Marilyn what she was going to do with her $1200.
    She seems more interested in food then motorcycle parts, women are the best thing in this life.

Read all about it !
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...173929813.html

Re: Free money and lots of it !

When we first heard about this, my wife said she was going to donate her 1200 to our church food pantry and asked what I was going to do with mine. I said stimulate the economy and buy motorcycle parts! She wasn't amused, haha. But that's why there are men and women in the world.
    1982 FXR - started restoration
    1979 FXS 1200 (1340) nearly done
    96" Evo Softail self built chopper
    2012 103" Road King "per diem"
    2003 Honda CRF230 dirt bike
    plus 11 other bikes over the years.

3. Re: Free money and lots of it !

I'll be buying a new water heater with my "free" allotment.

I'm not touching my motorcycle 'rat hole' fund stashed under my pillow. I've saved almost enough $100 bills to wallpaper the walls of my shop. My '45 Chief project is nearly completed (I only have to connect the oil lines... thats it, !!) I've been restoring this machine for nearly 4 years. Nothing else matters at this point. This bike will be started before the end of the month, I promise.

I don't have a spouse. No one here to compete for my attention. Not even a dog. Just me and my motorcycles... all of them.

... I can't even go fishing either, the lake is under quarantine.
    I'm pretty bummed about that ! Its spring, for pete's sake. and they're bitin' for sure... damn !

Oh well, maybe things will get back to normal by ... uh, probably never. ya think ?

Direct deposit? I don't think I'll get stimulated.

Come to Maine. Fishing was deemed essential...:-)

I've been buying motorcycle parts, and other stuff for my motorcycle addiction. My wife also suggested a new garage door opener to be installed by a garage door company, and new tile for a second room (to be installed by a tile company.) People need to eat, and take care of their families, so share the wealth. After the plague, we're going to go to restaurants a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 38knuckle View Post
    Direct deposit? I don't think I'll get stimulated.
    If you don't have direct deposit they will send you a paper check. Or you can go to the ins website and upload your info and they will direct deposit the money if you feel comfortable inputting your info online.
    Going in circles on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

47 EL
    47 UL
    51 FL
    63 FLH
    98 XL
    76 CB360
    2002 FLSTC
    2017 KTM (random, I know)

Same here, I got $3400 since I have 2 dependents and my ex wife is on my tax returns still since we are technically married (long story, don't bring it up around my GF). I spent almost all of it on bike parts but bought a small amount of stock in Hawaiian Airlines and some silver bars just so I don't over do it with bike parts again.
    Going in circles on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

47 EL
    47 UL
    51 FL
    63 FLH
    98 XL
    76 CB360
    2002 FLSTC
    2017 KTM (random, I know)

9. Re: Free money and lots of it !

Good news/Bad news, I make too much money and am not getting a check. So to all of you, enjoy it, don't save it, spend it as intended.
    1946 WL Solo
    1970 FLH
    1991 Sportster XLH
    1997 Wide Glide FXDWG
    2005 Road Glide FLTRI

It is a slow day in the small Saskatchewan town of Pumphandle, and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night. As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves. No one produced anything. No one earned anything...

However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works.
    1946 Chief - take apart and put back together
    101 Scout - building stage

Thread Information