Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Like On Your Tombstone??

What Would You Like On Your Tombstone??

Hey guys, & gals, not trying to sound too morbid, but as some of us are getting up there in years, & some of are facing health battles, "Like me", what do you think your mark on your life should read ? Me? I would like it to say that I loved my family & friends first, & that I suffered from a Serious Addiction to Antique & Classic Motorsickles, for which he was seeking treatment for,, How About You ??
    98 FLSTC TRIKE
    60 VW TRIKE-HOMEMADE
    68 TRIUMPH 650 TIGER CHOPPER

You Ain't A Man Till You've Rode A Pan, I'm A Man...

Re: What Would You Like On Your Tombstone??

Mine would say "I am not here". My remains are everywhere. Cremation......No urn for my remains. I won't permit the funeral homes to rape my family with their fake sentimentality and the deception of how they pretend they actually give a damn how my family and friends feel. Humpty Dumpty will have nothing over me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paps View Post
    Mine would say "I am not here". My remains are everywhere. Cremation......No urn for my remains. I won't permit the funeral homes to rape my family with their fake sentimentality and the deception of how they pretend they actually give a damn how my family and friends feel. Humpty Dumpty will have nothing over me.
    Now don't go sugar coating it Paps! LOL
    Yep - No tombstone for me and the wife either and we don't want a bunch of people standing around a funeral home looking at our dead bodies. The whole funeral home, burial vaults, caskets, tombstone, cemetery plot, etc is a huge business that capitalizes on peoples emotions and I don't blame them as people always have a choice, though folks tend to be "sheeple" steeped in tradition rather than think about reality......but its changing slowly and more people are choosing cremation for various reasons. I was surprised when my parents told me they elected cremation and their ashes spread on the back corner of the farm and they are in their 80s. Our spirits will live on in heaven. There is no biblical scripture or passage that outlines acceptable burial methods.
    For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. Genesis 3:19.
    Jason Z - S.W. PA
    48 Chief

4. Re: What Would You Like On Your Tombstone??

How bout "so far so good" or " I told you I was sick" or "Ooops"

Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    Lol Chris!!
    This was a light hearted attempt on my part to inject a little of my sarcasm into it. To be honest , I have instructed my family that if I die at 3 P.M. I expect to be cremated by the time that the sun goes down. Then once they cool off, they are to throw my ashes out the window along the hi-way on the way home. Along the hi-way in the ditch is where I spent a great deal of my life..., Peace , out.
    98 FLSTC TRIKE
    60 VW TRIKE-HOMEMADE
    68 TRIUMPH 650 TIGER CHOPPER

You Ain't A Man Till You've Rode A Pan, I'm A Man...

I seem to remember some famous British actor or writer whose tombstone reads 'Pardon me for not getting up'. Struck me as humorous.

two whiskey stills and three weed patches into the Hills of Kentucky
    Blog Entries

I told my wife that I wanted to be cremated, she told me to go get in the truck, I had to specify that I wanted to be cremated AFTER I was dead. She said shit a couple times but reluctantly agreed. I truly want to be cremated but my family has a cemetery on top of a hill in Madison County North Carolina that the "Kents" have been buried in since the early 19th century. I want some of my ashes scattered there and a tombstone placed there stating that I was a proud American, a Vietnam veteran and that I served proudly. Then I want the remainder of my ashes spread across my farm from the back of my panhead.
    I CELERITER TEMPUS DEFICIT
    (RIDE FAST TIME GROWS CLOSE)

IF YOU AINT LIVING FREE YOU AINT LIVING

1942 WLA
    1953 G servi car (thats a pile of parts)
    1959 Panhead
    1969 shovelhead electraglide
    1974 shovelhead electraglide
    1995 roadking
    2014 Indian Chief Vintage
    AMCA #14226

"Big legged woman's gonna' carry me to my grave." I seriously doubt that will happen with me but I've always loved that lyrical phrase from 'Born Under A Bad Sign' by the great Albert King.

Nothing for me please. Don't want to hassle anybody and to just throw a big party. It's not like I give a sh*t when I'm gone and f**k this world.
    Oh, and let the kids and wife do what the hell they want with my crap. Like they give a sh*t anyway and I'll laugh if I can see them dealing with all this junk.

I agree Paul, "I won't permit the funeral homes to rape my family with their fake sentimentality and the deception of how they pretend they actually give a damn how my family and friends feel". Nothing but greed and power on this planet. it's doomed.
    Last edited by 38knuckle; 03-28-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Thread Information