Thread: Not quite new

1. Thumbs up Not quite new

Hi!

I did hang around back in 2014 when I just got my 65 Electra Glide and had lots of questions about the panhead. I traded that bike after a while, as it didn't work as my only bike. I needed something that was ready to go when I had the chance to ride, and there was some stuff that needed fixing - so I got a custom built evo instead. Kind of wish I had then money to keep the '65, but that wasn't in the cards back then.

I put that softail through a huge moose in 2015, and in the event broke my left wrist - crushed it, might be a better word. So I took some time to evaluate, and ended up buying a brand new Moto Guzzi V7. I really liked that bike, but having lots of gravel roads and mountains around soon got me into the adventure bug. So I skipped the plans about converting the Guzzi to a scrambler, and bought a BMW G310GS, also new. Had some great trips on that bike, and eventually traded it for its big brother, the R1200GSA. That's a really great machine. Hooning around on local gravel roads was hilarious, I hadn't had that kind of fun since I was 16 on my dirt bike. But as I ride 90% on tarmac, the GSA got really boring for the most part. It is a bike that's comfortable at speeds around 60 to 80 mph, and local speed limit goes up to 50. It got to the point that I started to worry about my license and speed tickets. And I started to miss my harleys, which is better suited for thumping around at 40-50 mph, feeling like it's 60.

Last autumn my local dealer listed an original Heritage Springer in laser red, with 24K miles on the clock. Paint, bags and everything was flawless. New service on the springer and bike in general, all ready to go. I had to have it, and now it's in my garage. It's not a classic such as the knuckles, pans and shovels, but I reckon it's a future classic. Last of the evos apart from some FX's in 2000, it is the quietest Harley engine I ever owned. It is also the only H-D I've had that is bone stock, not even a stage 1 or exhaust. It's a keeper, for sure.
    69628965_10156106777945738_4722867753759801344_n.jpg
    '99 FLSTS Heritage Springer

Ex:
    '89 Softail Custom
    '65 FLH Electra Glide
    '00 Fat Boy

Re: Not quite new

Nice looking bike, for sure. Start hanging around here again, and you will have a 50+ year old bike before you know it. Watch it happen.
    Randy
    1979 FLH (nice, but over budget)
    Many others, bought, sold, or traded...

Re: Not quite new

Sweet ride!! I have a 98 F.L.S.T.C. that I converted into a trike, They're great !, Just like Frosted Flakes, LoL...
    98 FLSTC TRIKE
    60 VW TRIKE-HOMEMADE
    68 TRIUMPH 650 TIGER CHOPPER

You Ain't A Man Till You've Rode A Pan, I'm A Man...

Thread Information