Thread: Knucklehead jiffy stand

1. Knucklehead jiffy stand

Who makes the best reproduction kick stand.

Re: Knucklehead jiffy stand

I got a parkerized kickstand from V-twin last year and it is excellent, however, a friend who is a V-twin dealer said quality can change. I guess you take your chances, but I am very happy with the one I got from V-twin.

I've seen some repops where the clip on the leg is closer to the mount bracket and the spring won't hold it up as well as it should.

I put a V-Twin jiffy stand on a 1953 FL about 3 years ago, fired it up and went for a short ride, parked it in the shop and next morning it was leaning over so far it was inches from landing on my belt sander. Soft as butter, called V-Twin and they said they never had a problem "did you kick start it with the stand down".Offered to send me a replacement I declined there offer and got credit on my account after I paid to send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by pan620 View Post
    I put a V-Twin jiffy stand on a 1953 FL about 3 years ago, fired it up and went for a short ride, parked it in the shop and next morning it was leaning over so far it was inches from landing on my belt sander. Soft as butter, called V-Twin and they said they never had a problem "did you kick start it with the stand down".Offered to send me a replacement I declined there offer and got credit on my account after I paid to send it back.
    That is scary!!!

Yes it was, the freshly painted gas tank would be what would have hit the belt sander, worse of all if it would have hit it was the bike was not mine!!!

7. Re: Knucklehead jiffy stand

It a roll of the dice with any aftermarket kick stand …..the spring tab on mine had to be cut off and re attached on the bottom side of the stand . It was originally on the outside of the stand , and the spring had to wrap around to attach . the stand hung halfway to the street …..not good !

Thread Information