Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear, say it isn't so

Re: Oh dear, say it isn't so

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    I think you should delete your post because this is a non-political forum.
    Agreed. Seadub

And if you research the track record of the idiot with the tie, you'll see he's just another ex-corporate big wig. Running a world power country like it's a business is not working. He hires and fires people, not to find the person able to to the job, but to surround himself with toadies who nod their heads and do his bidding. The latest tasking kills me. He puts the vice president in charge of investigating the corona virus outbreak on the basis of the great track record he displayed in health care in Indiana. Really? You would think that somebody in the medical profession would be more suited to the task.

The woman is Michelle Kumbier, Senior VP and COO. She's been with the company since 1997.
    Badger,
    Can you id the guy next to Michelle ?

Badger sent an update - The fellow you asked about in the photo is Paul Jones who left the company last November. He was a VP, the Chief Legal Officer and Chief Compliance Officer.
    Last edited by 1950panhead; 03-01-2020 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Badger update

In early 2020, with the company under stress from Wall Street and with a demographic challenge looming as it struggled to attract new riders, Harley-Davidson CEO Matt Levatich stepped down, replaced on an acting basis by board member Jochen Zeitz, who eventually was named CEO.
    Zeitz swiftly moved to replace Harley's growth strategy with a retrenchment around core products.
    Live wire was part of the "growth strategy".
    What a flop, my guess is production will end, bad chapter in history.
    A retrenchment around core products is air cooled vtwins, cost and demographics are still big problems.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harley-da...141100793.html

This video has 795k views in two days.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwxxsPaogY
    It's so sad ... and it's the millennials fault.

That video was really well done.....and so true! He says it all so much nicer than I would.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Perfect summation. Maybe their demise will cause prices of existing bikes to rise - HA! Scarcity increases value.

Quote Originally Posted by gitman View Post
    Perfect summation. Maybe their demise will cause prices of existing bikes to rise - HA! Scarcity increases value.
    Only there is no scarcity. There are garages all over this country with low mile unused H-Ds. Prices will likely go down long before they go up.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Part of the problem as I see it is, is that they let non motorcycle folks run it and they ran it into the ground. Same for the dealerships when car dealers started buy up dealerships when they were riding high on demand in the late 80's -2005. I bought a brand new Superglide in 85 when HD couldn't hardly give them away. Still have it! Not sure what the future of HD will be or even if they will survive but motorcycles like any other specialty item has a market and you have to know what that market is. I think they should slow production close some dealerships that aren't performing. Cut the total numbers of bikes they produce in hope that they are able to cut the costs and overhead enough to survive. No shame in being smaller and serving your market, what ever that is. Got a good friend who just retired from HD after 25 years there and 50 in other shops that dealt with HD. JMHO

Rollo

I think they cut their own throat when they told all the mom and pop dealerships to get a newer, bigger place, go boutique and get rid of your old inventory or lose your dealership. That's when I said good riddance to the MoCo.
    The only thing I care about if they go under is the employed trying to feed their families.

Thread Information