Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't fear China, Fear Walmart

Re: Don't fear China, Fear Walmart

SO they sell soylent green.

I have not and will not set foot in a WalMart. I think that is the most anti-American thing a citizen can do to our economy as well as your local biz owners. Seadub

5. Re: Don't fear China, Fear Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by bianese View Post
    I have not and will not set foot in a WalMart. I think that is the most anti-American thing a citizen can do to our economy as well as your local biz owners. Seadub
    EXACTLY!!! 100% agree!! I will do without.
    Bob Williams

Online and big box stores have pretty much decimated the retail portion of my business. Gets pretty disheartening when there are items I can purchase retail online for less than I can buy direct from the manufacturer or distributor. The way it works is alot of online sellers have regular day jobs. They spend maybe 25000 for a good website, come home at night, spend 30-60 mins online and forward their email sales purchases to whatever whore distributor will send the item out. Alot of the items are hundreds or even thousands of dollars. They don't care if they make 50-100 bucks on a 2000 dollar item. They don't touch it. The reason is at the end of the year alot of the manufacturers have rebate programs that pay-off quite well on volume. You sell 100 at 1500 bucks, 100 rebate, 10,000 in your pocket. Find 20-30 good items.....
    Last edited by HDpanman; 01-22-2020 at 12:38 PM.

I go to wallmart to pick up all the baby mamas. well I cant actually pick them up. been thinking about a fork lift though.

Quote Originally Posted by HDpanman View Post
    Online and big box stores have pretty much decimated the retail portion of my business. Gets pretty disheartening when there are items I can purchase retail online for less than I can buy direct from the manufacturer or distributor. The way it works is alot of online sellers have regular day jobs. They spend maybe 25000 for a good website, come home at night, spend 30-60 mins online and forward their email sales purchases to whatever whore distributor will send the item out. Alot of the items are hundreds or even thousands of dollars. They don't care if they make 50-100 bucks on a 2000 dollar item. They don't touch it. The reason is at the end of the year alot of the manufacturers have rebate programs that pay-off quite well on volume. You sell 100 at 1500 bucks, 100 rebate, 10,000 in your pocket. Find 20-30 good items.....
    What line of work are you in?
    "Never wake up a Dummy, let him sleep. He might wake up and hurt himself." my good friend, John Fitzgerald (Southside Chicago)

My shadow will never darken the floor of the anti-Union company known as Wal Mart.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

People hate to hear it. "business models change". change or be a dinosaur. It's happening in every form of business

Thread Information