Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palmers HD restoration book

Palmers HD restoration book

A newbie here from Africa. Does anyone know Palmers e-mail address? I have factory info on the u and wl models I would like to send him.No contact details in his first edition book. Great site, lots of info.

Re: Palmers HD restoration book

Deborah Palmer Publications
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by wannchev View Post
    I have factory info on the u and wl models
    I think I am not the only one who is curious now.. you can share it here as well!

My friend the African king has received 4 antique bikes. King Lyon has no use for them. If you pay his shipper $4,000 he will send them. His shipper also has a check for $25,000. this check is for restoration. He will donate it to you. This will allow you to restore these bikes. Just give his shipper $3,000 from that check. He will need this $3,000 to return home. Thanks for your time. Prince Abdul Syiad Lyon.

My friend the African king has received 4 antique bikes. King Lyon has no use for them. If you pay his shipper $4,000 he will send them. His shipper also has a check for $25,000. this check is for restoration. He will donate it to you. This will allow you to restore these bikes. Just give his shipper $3,000 from that check. He will need this $3,000 to return home. Thanks for your time. Prince Abdul Syiad Lyon.
    Rob,
    You are fortunate to have the king as your friend, sunny days and blue skies, go for it man.

Thanks for the replies. I have 2 order copies placed by the Government of the Union of South Africa for U and WL models " for our army" as Harley Davidson put it..I can only find one, must look for the other then post here.

Quote Originally Posted by wannchev View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have 2 order copies placed by the Government of the Union of South Africa for U and WL models " for our army" as Harley Davidson put it..I can only find one, must look for the other then post here.
    Just post the one you have found now and we will all wait for the other one if you find it. We are always interested in never before seen HD documentation.
    Stuart Syme
    Perth, Western Australia

1942 UL 74 Special Sport Solo

Quote Originally Posted by 50jetback View Post
    Just post the one you have found now and we will all wait for the other one if you find it. We are always interested in never before seen HD documentation.
    Please do. I have a Navy issued South Africa '41U complete engine that has an anchor and several other ID #s that are not factory. It also has the M-58 carb. Seadub

Will do Seadub, mine is a straight '41U with LLE LH sidecar. After WW2 many of the returned sidecar models were transferred to the police force and used by the detectives. Some received the anchor mark some not.The M58 carb with the oilbath aircleaner was the most common fitment. Because these models were ordered before the start of WW2 the factory seemed to have cleaned up their existing stock of parts to supply these orders. The WL models horns some had the sunburst hooter and others the eagle cover. Some of the WL's had the earlier long clutch release lever on the gearbox cover, some had 18 inch wheels, some 16 inch.

Thread Information