Thread: 1935 Chief finished, 1924 Chief update...

1935 Chief finished, 1924 Chief update...

Hey all, Merry Christmas:-) I finished the Ď35 Chief Iíve been working on. I did it up pretty average. Itís been a blast to have another Ď35. Iíd forgotten what a neat bike they are. This one reminds me a ton of my 1st Ď35 Iím pleased with how it turned out. I did end up running a Ď39-46 oil pump. I finally was able to use the ignition setup Iíve been messing with for a few years. I started with a WL Harley timer body, I put a Pertronix ignition in it. I made a keyed shaft and a sleeve to fit the pump. It actually starts and runs really well. Anyway...

Iíve got the 1924 Chief on wheels. The frontend is 101 Scout with 1 1/2Ē spacer under frame neck. That puts it at correct Chief ride height. I made the handlebars from scratch. I also made the gas tank from 18 gage steel sheet. I put a gas cap and dummy oil cap on it, no hand pump. The tank is gasoline only and 4 gallons. I made an oil tank to fit under and behind the seat. The engine and trans are ready. Drive case is 1928 with legit vin. The pinion case was NOS 1940s. I had to relocate a couple of lugs on the front of the pinion case to match Ď28 style. I put a freshly rebuilt Edison/Splitdorf mag on it and Iíve got a brand new Keihin CV carb set up. I made pedestal motor mounts. Transmission is later Chief. It all bolted right in. For the kicker I ended up cutting a new gear quadrant out of 1/2Ē steel plate and then drilled the post hole to line up with a 28 tooth kick gear. Lots of careful trimming to fit. I made the kick arm out of pipe. I made a brake pedal like pictures Iíve seen. I made the clutch pedal bracket for the primary similar to pictures. Used a Ď40s clutch pedal. I made a little side stand that pivots in the brake crossover hole on the left. Anything I canít find Iím just trying to make. Ď50s/60s Tri/BSA wheels and brakes both ends. I love those years wheels. Blah, blah, blah..... :-)

*******Check out pix and videos on Instagram- i_build_old_bikes Let me know what ya think:-)****
    ************************************************** *********************************

Re: 1935 Chief finished, 1924 Chief update...

Wow, sounds pretty cool IMHO! Would love to see some pictures (...but I donít venture onto Instagram)
    1946 Chief - take apart and put back together
    101 Scout - building stage

Clickity

Looking good Charlie! Missy has amazing eyes!
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL Love/Hate Relationship

Lol, sheís a funny cat. I tried to post pix a few different times and gave up. I canít figure out the resize part. 1950panhead was kind enough to post pix of my Scout last year. Iíd email anyone pix that would be willing to post them. Thanks all, Charlie

try this , browse button

https://picresize.com/en/edit

Thx 50panman:-) for helping me out again.

Thread Information