Re: 2020 Vegas auctions

Sold ! $220k - https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0120-39...l-knucklehead/
    I hope we hear who bought it.

Someone with alot of P.A.Ls

Quote Originally Posted by 1950panhead View Post
    Il banditore attira gli acquirenti come un pescatore che pesca i pesci
    an auctioneer is a bandit. When you buy from mecum. you are now buying from a reality TV. show. I'm surprised they don't use a Kardashian.
    Last edited by rob; 01-25-2020 at 11:53 AM.

there is a hustle going on here. I'm not smart enough to figure it out though.

I won't comment on the price, but I don't see the fun of having a bike that you wouldn't want to work on for fear of scratching "original" patina. Also, I doubt if it's going to be a rider. My friend Bob told me that someone paid over $70K for sunglasses that Steve McQueen wore. . . Maybe the same guy that bought this bike.

"My friend Bob told me that someone paid over $70K for sunglasses that Steve McQueen wore. . . Maybe the same guy that bought this bike." That is when you got stupid money!!! It is every were here in NYC!!

Id say crazy, perverted Todd, or whatever else you think you should call him, got use out of that old mismatched green bike (which everyone thought he paid too much) for 6 years, and still managed to make a little extra on it. Id say he did pretty good. I guess it didnt have to be perfect to keep appreciating in value.
    "Never wake up a Dummy, let him sleep. He might wake up and hurt himself." my good friend, John Fitzgerald (Southside Chicago)

I don't disparage anyone from making money on their bikes; not even Todd. I'm glad our hobby can still pull in that kind of money. What does discourage me is the obsession with knuckleheads, and the dismissal of all the rare, and milestone American, and European motorcycles from the pioneer days. Our collective motorcycle history is what is most valuable, and worth preserving and that includes all motorcycles. Turning knuckleheads into Russian Faberge' eggs is obscene.

9. Re: 2020 Vegas auctions

"knucklehead" is american as apple pie. i wonder if those engines had been called eggheads if they'd be as popular. "IoE" or "pocket valve" doesn't quite have the ring to it knucklehead has. however, i remember as a lad seeing pictures of bikes with cut outs in the gas tank that i thought was way cool.
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 01-25-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Says a whole lot when you see a better selection of iron at an auction than at an AMCA meet.

Thread Information