Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2020 Vegas auctions

1. Re: 2020 Vegas auctions

Gotcha. I was wondering where it went.

Re: 2020 Vegas auctions

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I know the owner of that 40 Crocker. Not sure why Mark decided to sell it because as you can see from the add he spent a lot of time and money to restore that bike and was years waiting on it to be finished. Hope it went big.

Rollo
    Long shot here Rollo but did he play in a band.

Yes. Mark is in the Nighthawks and has been for over 40 years. The only remaining original member of the band. I don't think it was any secret whose bike it was but some may not know him or his story.

Rollo

It's only up when two deep pockets bid on something. Heard several people went home with bikes the brought to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiesel25 View Post
    Anyone at the auction check out the blue 38 Knucklehead? If so how’s it look?
    it sold for $53,600 i believe.
    I looked it over closely while i was there. it has nice cases & possibly oem cam cover. everything else was taiwan tedds, including the frame & all sheet metal.

Quote Originally Posted by tomfiii View Post
    It's only up when two deep pockets bid on something. Heard several people went home with bikes the brought to sell.
    Don't buy that for a minute. Auctioneer's can raise a price why do you think they speak so funny while and sing like a square dance caller? even the owner of a bike might have a friend at home using the internet. Remember those 2 Winchesters. half a million each?

Rob-I agree with you completely. I have seen it first hand. In one case there was a reserve on a item,and I was bidding against an "internet bidder", in reality, the auctioneer was was raising my bid to reach the reserve so he could get his commission. In another case, I was bidding against the auctioneers wife. The auctioneer was giving his wife a signal to bid again, to raise my bid. Not very ethical in my opinion.

Don't buy that for a minute. Auctioneer's can raise a price why do you think they speak so funny while and sing like a square dance caller? even the owner of a bike might have a friend at home using the internet. Remember those 2 Winchesters. half a million each?
    Rob, I am starting to think you are not a fan of auctions.

Rob-I agree with you completely. I have seen it first hand. In one case there was a reserve on a item,and I was bidding against an "internet bidder", in reality, the auctioneer was was raising my bid to reach the reserve so he could get his commission. In another case, I was bidding against the auctioneers wife. The auctioneer was giving his wife a signal to bid again, to raise my bid. Not very ethical in my opinion.
    Was the auctioneer's wife pretty?

I work with auction houses. Taking antiques to and from. I took a painting to one. It sold for a high price. 1 month later I returned it to the original owner. Original owner tried for years prior to sell it. Now it has a record auction price. Original owner sells it in his store for a quarter of the auction record. Is it the auctioneer or dealer guilty? Both. They’re in it together. Mecums is a TV. Show. Why is it they have no motorcycle “experts” they sell millions $ in motorcycles. Without a worry about bad numbers or tedd’s parts. Go to Christy’s or sotheby’s with fake art or reproductions . They wont let you unload.

Thread Information