Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay bid sniper

Re: eBay bid sniper

Why sniper when you know your max $...just place a "maximum bid" that you can afford and be done with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek43WLC View Post
    Why sniper when you know your max $...just place a "maximum bid" that you can afford and be done with it...
    Sounds logical. Problem is. EBay is a mix of cheap people and dishonest people. Cheap people feel that dishonest people are jacking up their bid.

+1 for Gixen. Used for many years. No issues and good community support.

you put the amount in that you will pay, and they place the bid in the last 5 to 10 seconds before it ends. If someone places a bid on the same item using ESNIPE for exam. before you put your bid in for the same price they get the bid, they put there bid in first. On Esnipe you enter the ... eBay item number: ... you buy ... bid points that they use for placing the bid for you. To pay for eSnipe fees, you purchase BidPointsSM. Each BidPoint costs 1 cent and pays for $1 of the final auction fee. Very small amount for not having to watch auction and may save a bidding war driving the price up.You can use PayPal for it. Using ... maximum bid can cause a bidding war.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    I am the exception and don't use a sniper program. All my bids are placed by me, and I have a high success rate.
    I too place all my bids myself, I know what I want to pay, and that is the max price I bid........If I win, OK, If not oh well.

George

Since 90% of the pieces come from Ebay US, I put the price that I find right for me and I go to bed.
    The frame is a perfect example.
    The next day is the surprise because anyway there will always be someone who will have more money than me (I have a limited budget, this is partly why my project lasts so long).
    The only time I got up at 4am to bid, it was for the cam cover that was raised from 51 to 53.I find it beautiful.
    Hervé had a little work on it.
    You know everything.

7. Re: eBay bid sniper

Quote Originally Posted by Derek43WLC View Post

If multiple people place “maximum bids” eBay runs the price up to maximums with automatic bids.Great if your selling, terrible if your buying.
    Sniper only goes as high as it needs too.

As I said, I self snipe. I do not put maximum bids in and go away, I can usually place my bid in the last 1-3 seconds of an auction. So I am not adding to running a price up hours ahead of time.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

……. we're not all Tycoons

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    ……. we're not all Tycoons
    How does that relate to this discussion??
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Thread Information