Thread: Been a lurker for a while and sometimes I have a Question.

1. Been a lurker for a while and sometimes I have a Question.

Hi Guys, My name is Dave but Guido works as well.
    I have been reading posts here for a while and I am blown away by the amount of knowledge here.
    When I started riding motorcycles didn't seem much more complicated than a lawn mower.
    Wow!! That was a long time ago.
    Swapping parts was out of necessity now we are trying to put them all back. Who knew.!!
    Anyway you guys are first class and I have learned a lot.
    Hope to continue and who knows I might even get to put my non sense in there.
    I started riding a Triumph Cub in 1958. Graduated to Sportsters around 1960 and when I got back for Nam everything had changed so I bought a 64 Panhead.
    Had a few other bikes all Harleys. The pan is my newest but don't ride anymore. I might make it stock original and with a sidecar, who knows. I might be able to not fall over.
    Too many accidents and surgeries. These old bones don't work so good anymore. Still love Harleys.

I'll try to stay out of trouble.
    So Hello to All, DAVE

Re: Been a lurker for a while and sometimes I have a Question.

Welcome Guido, I think you came to the right place for that ‘64....would love to see a picture or three!
    1946 Chief - take apart and put back together
    101 Scout - building stage

Welcome Dave/Guido! Glad to have you and, Welcome Home!

Would love to see photos of your bikes when you have time. This forum doesn't host photos so you'll have to use a third party site like photobucket or imgur.
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL Love/Hate Relationship

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!!!

Welcome, Guido! We'll get you on a sidecar, is right. Two in a row, one on the side, and all on the ground, most of the time. No excuse. Hand and foot control workarounds and all available.
    --Sarge. USARV, 1st Log Cmd and 1st Avn Bde: 68-71.

6. Re: Been a lurker for a while and sometimes I have a Question.

Hi Sarge, I responded to you last night but must have done something wrong so here it goes again.
    I was in the Navy 1966-68 on the Carrier Intrepid CVS-11 V-2 Div Cats and Gear.
    We patrolled the North China Sea in the Tonkin Gulf as part of the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club.
    We were there to provide air support to our brothers in the jungle. Especially up north. If they needed support we sent them plenty.
    During 1967 and 68 we were part of the original "Rolling Thunder". An operation to stop the transport of enemy weapons and supplies on the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
    It was suppling the northern troops who were fighting in South Vietnam, the enemy.
    The trail was able to effectively supply enemy troops fighting in the south, a military feat unparalleled given it was the site of the single most intense bombing campaign in history, with bombs dropping on average every seven (7) minutes.

Now it is "The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum", an American military and maritime history museum with a collection of museum ships in New York City. It is located at Pier 86 at 46th Street in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood on the West Side of Manhattan. Check it out if you go to New York.
    If you are ever in the Wash DC area go see the National Museum of the Marine Corps and National Museum of the United States Army (should open next year). Both just south of DC in Virginia.

And Yes there are ways to get around my disabilities and I have been thinking about it. Hope I live long enough to get back up.
    Thanks for your support
    Guido

Guido,
    Just hang in there, man. Sorry to hear you're laid up.
    We'll, meaning, this place, will get ya riding again!
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

Welcome Guido. Wow....You got history. You and Sarge and plenty more on here ought to get together. As Sarge said....this place will get you riding again. Yes SIR ! Thank you for your service indeed.

9. Re: Been a lurker for a while and sometimes I have a Question.

Welcome Guido! And thank you!

Thread Information