Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Style BTSV Valve Covers

Re: Early Style BTSV Valve Covers

I put this out there to hope for a solution and for no other reason. The valve covers not fitting were never mentioned and is the ONLY parts supplied that are not correct. I was sent a video of it running and never a mention of the valve covers being wrong. Never mentioned that they were not buttoned up. Nothing here was to slander or cause anything negative. Just wanting a solution to the one and only problem that keeps me from cranking this engine. I wish I had known this before I installed it. I also was not looking for any deals or favors. As always, you set the price. This was not put here to discredit you or throw rocks. Just a shitty situation that I was never informed about. I had several sets of top covers I could have sent if I had been told that these were wrong. I am just here sucking it up and hoping for some help getting it resolved and running. It obviously was a problem that could not be resolved before it was shipped back to me. Seadub

this will be good time to change out the vl valves you or paul sent. then find a manifold that fits and a carb that will work. easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    this will be good time to change out the vl valves you or paul sent. then find a manifold that fits and a carb that will work. easy peasy.
    That was the engine before this one, it had VLH cylinders. VL valves work fine. I had a guy build me a manifold when he rebuilt that rebuilt engine. M-51 as standard. It is fine now. As for this engine, I just got off the phone w/a guy from P'Cola that is going to drive over next week and do it in the frame. Said we could do it in 4-5 hours. Thanks for the solutions and shortcuts that were sent. As always, much appreciated. Seadub

Thread Information