Thread: 32e problem

32e problem

51fl all stock electrical system. I just rode from ND to Minden, NV . Great trip. About 100 miles out my generator light came on and wont go out unless I turn the headlight on and leave it on. This happened right after a battery hold down nut came off and shorted out the positive post to the frame. Fuse blew. I put the nut back where it belonged and put in a new fuse and away I went. About a mile later the gen light came on and stays on unless I use the headlight. I plan to file the contacts in the cutout but other than that I don't know what to do.

Re: 32e problem

My thinking is you burned another wire somewhere when it blew the positive. I was on a ride when the positive shorted out and fried everything even on the dash. Had to wait for a friend to show up with a full roll of electrical tape and padded everything with it. Made it home to find my complete wire harness was fried.

Boy, idk. I noticed now that with the engine running and the headlines on then turn lites off with engine running, lite stays on with switch in ignition position .

May be you are running on the third brush only now ?

Update. Messed with it most of the day. Finally disconnected the headlight wires from the terminal board. All is well now except no headlight. I can use the spots if I need to I guess. The 68 year old wiring or the switch must have a bad spot someplace. Not equipped to remove tanks, dash, and handlebars to rewire here. Gonna go without headlight and hope for the best. Too far from home to push.

Thread Information