Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy with a "40' servicar.

1. Re: New guy with a "40' servicar.

Restoration is definitely not my intention. I know that it won't be cheap but I want to go back to a springer, metal box and spoke wheels. That will make me a happy camper. I used to ride quite a bit back in the day but I was never a "biker". I feel that 15 minutes and 15 grand doesn't make a biker is a pretty accurate statement. I'd like the bike to look good but I couldn't care less about fitting an image.

I finally got a bit of time today and I cleaned up the bike pretty well and got the tank going through a vinegar soak. I also dropped in a battery and did a quick test of the electrical. No headlight, taillights or turn signals. I didn't even look into why yet. I was just happy with the starter turning, cluster lights and spark.

Re: New guy with a "40' servicar.

The only way you can put spoke wheels on it is to use automotive aftermarket as factory H-D spoke wheels don't fit on hydraulic brake rear ends. They are completely different.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

3. Re: New guy with a "40' servicar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    The only way you can put spoke wheels on it is to use automotive aftermarket as factory H-D spoke wheels don't fit on hydraulic brake rear ends. They are completely different.
    That is what I've seen as well. I'm looking at 52 spoke 15x4.5 from wheel vintiques. A set of 165r15 bfg silvertown wide whites would look right at home to the untrained eye. Now I'm trying to find a 52 spoke 16" front wheel. I believe my current front is a 40 spoke.

Re: New guy with a "40' servicar.

It's never going to look like a 1940.Sell it & buy an earlier trike if that is what you want.

Thread Information