Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member needs advice on 41 Knuck

New Member needs advice on 41 Knuck

"Knucklebuyer" is having new account issues and asked if I'd post pics of a 41 he is interested in buyin. Obviously need more detailed pics and a clear VIN pic but here you go...

Re: New Member needs advice on 41 Knuck

All I would care about is a clear, and legal title, a decent price, and the kind of deal where everyone walks away happy. If the numbers were re-stamped in the past; que sera, sera. I've never bought a bike to make money, wouldn't know how

Looks like shovelhead fuel tanks, modified for the tank shift. Repop speedometer. Can't tell much about the engine, could be a diamond! Side car is a plus. Like Eric says, if you want it, can buy it at your price, do it. Take this for what it is worth, I have never had a correct motorcycle in my life. And I have owned about 20... NO EXPERT HERE!!!!!!!!
    Randy
    1979 FLH (nice, but over budget)
    Many others, bought, sold, or traded...

Tanks are early knuckle, modified for petcock and emblems added. Funky stuff going on with the forks, wrong top nuts or something allowing the legs to protrude. Also doesn't have sidecar inner springs so tension is adjusted high. Where are the heads? Rear fender is wide brace and wrong taillight, repop primary, etc. Good project for sure, just as stated dependent on VIN!
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

5. Re: New Member needs advice on 41 Knuck

I'm the guy looking for advice. Is it wrong to put a price on here? Valid title and numbers look good on cases. They are just a lot clearer than the numbers on my 1951 Pan. Concerning??? I know the front end is not original. I'm not looking to buy and restore or flip for profit. I just think it's an awesome bike and would love to cruise it. The heads are off and have been redone. He has all the parts to put it back together and he rode it for 25 years. I haven't seen the title but he says he has it. I'm sure he does. I have pics of the heads but unsure how to post on here. I'd be happy to text or e-mail someone with more knowledge than me-which is probably everyone on here. Thanks in advance.

As long as the title, vin are cool and you can get it for a price you are willing to pay and he is wiling to sell for then go ahead and buy it and have fun with getting it back on the road and riding it. I have two 41's both low numbers. One running and the other coming together so I am partial to them. Also have 42,46 and 47 and spare factory replacement cases for another motor I bought years ago. Sounds like you have the right intentions so I would say go for it! Good luck!

Rollo

Sounds like a cream puff that needs the top end gone over. Not often you get the bike directly from the 25-year owner, before it going through a series of profiteers. Do it!
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

"Tanks are early knuckle, modified for petcock and emblems added"--------------- Happens to me every time. I knew I was wrong, just didn't realize I was that wrong! Backwards thinking.
    Randy
    1979 FLH (nice, but over budget)
    Many others, bought, sold, or traded...

9. Re: New Member needs advice on 41 Knuck

Thanks for the advice and info everyone. I did purchase the bike. Heads and jugs are out now getting cleaned up and checked. Gotta find rear exhaust pipe from head to pipe but everything else is here. Hopefully have her up and running in a couple of weeks. Here's to hoping.

You can get the rear header pipe from Carl Olsen or Bob Luland.

Rollo

Thread Information