Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: theft

Angry theft

I have a U model of WW2 vintage. I live in Sydney OZ. Some material stolen being ORIGINAL front and rear guards and a LHS foot board with mounts have been removed from my premises and such access to that area requires a difficult entry via a 8 foot cliff from three next door addresses. As I do not post on other bike related forums I can only assume that my SOLE address details is via an entry via this database. Tell me mugilahs, what are database security measures and how many OZ respondents and respective locations by States? I would welcome any OZ replies with leads. Replies treated in confidence.
    Last edited by purri; 07-01-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Re: theft

It obviously was someone who had seen it and knew where it was. A random thief wouldn't take specific parts off of a machine. It was someone you trusted.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

Your address is simply Sydney, Australia. I don't seen how anyone could glean anything more detailed than that from your membership here. I agree with Chris; someone you know is responsible, but it is more than likely that they stole those parts to sell to someone else. I hope you get restitution, purri.

Some smart phones place a gps code on photos.

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Some smart phones place a gps code on photos.
    Yes, and thieves will use that technology against you! I made sure to turn the geo tracking off in my phone.
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL Love/Hate Relationship

Purri's theft sounds a lot more sophisticated (or insidious) than a simple address.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    It obviously was someone who had seen it and knew where it was. A random thief wouldn't take specific parts off of a machine. It was someone you trusted.
    I have a dumb phone. Some parts of the the BTSV are stored within our house whilst the bike is elsewhere and NO_ONE has seen them or the bike! There are about 6 OZ respondents on this forum (plus lurkers) and only 3 that I trust and only 1 with my address but this may be a mistake as I may have supplied an address to two . Others (abt 3 or more) have dropped off. Votre choix.

Addendum: the bike is insured thus open to database hacking.

Might I suggest that any OZ respondents contact me via PM and supply their chat associates details. If not I shall assume the obvious.

My basic ID is that anyone with an iota of IT can do an alliterative/ associative search.

And your individual replies?
    Last edited by purri; 07-03-2019 at 04:07 AM.

8. Re: theft

didnt this happen to someone else on this site here in Oz

^I assume from your reply that you have not read the thread in full.. However from my presence here (to your reply) over some 10 years I doubt it. BTW I don't appreciate deflection very well.
    Last edited by purri; 07-03-2019 at 04:06 AM.

I was not going to comment on this topic but it appears you are blaming this forum for your loss. I personally resent that if that is what you mean by the topic. Your thief is in your backyard. Look there. You are the only one I know of who has directed the blame towards this forum. Many members of this forum lost parts and whole bikes. None lost them because of this forum.

Thread Information