Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Re: 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Texted it to a buddy this morning who has been looking for one like that and he snapped it up! Going to a good home and guarantee you it will be ridden not hidden.

Rollo

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Texted it to a buddy this morning who has been looking for one like that and he snapped it up! Going to a good home and guarantee you it will be ridden not hidden.

Rollo
    Well done! Glad it isn't going to be parted out. Ask him to post a few pics when he has it running.

Gonna be a bit yet as the bike is near Davenport and we live in Va. He has decided how to ship of if he wants to drive out and pick it up. I offered my truck and trailer since it is enclosed and wouldn't want to have any of that patina come off in on of natures car washes going down the road. He's a big Instagram guy so I'm sure pics will show up there. I don't do social media.

Rollo

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Gonna be a bit yet as the bike is near Davenport and we live in Va. He has decided how to ship of if he wants to drive out and pick it up. I offered my truck and trailer since it is enclosed and wouldn't want to have any of that patina come off in on of natures car washes going down the road. He's a big Instagram guy so I'm sure pics will show up there. I don't do social media.

Rollo
    do you know his instagram?
    Going in circles on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

47 EL
    58 FLH
    59 165 Lightweight
    98 XL
    76 CB360

Unfortunately I don't since I don't do social media. I don't want to ask him and give it out and attract unwanted posts. I do know he follows a bunch of the TROG and Hooligan race crowd.

Rollo

How about letting him know that there is an interest about this bike on our forum. Maybe then he could check us out, possibly join us & share some about it with us. For the most part I think that we are a "Decent" bunch of people,with a shared interest, & experience. Just a thought...
    98 FLSTC TRIKE
    60 VW TRIKE-HOMEMADE
    68 TRIUMPH 650 TIGER CHOPPER

You Ain't A Man Till You've Rode A Pan, I'm A Man...

He monitors this and the AMCA forum and will chime in when he feels it is time but he is more into Instagram and follows quite a few folks on there but rarely posts. More of a lurker. At this point I'm sure his main focus is ascertaining what kind of shape the bike is in and what it will need and getting it from Iowa to here. He is an airline pilot so I would imagine he hooped a flight to check it out in person as I suggested then arrange the shipment or pick up. He has options including them bringing it back east on a filming trip. It was a big buy the pickers made and are liquidating and they guy selling is one of their partners.

Rollo

If you want to see pics then look at the first post and go t the ad. Even though is has ended you can still see the pics that were in the original ad. He isn't planning on posting anything more that what is shown. Sorry!

Rollo

Somebody robbed that 49 of its stainless steel pieces.

Thread Information