Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucky day

Re: Lucky day

Nice score. If you end up selling any of it I would be interested in the front end and the wheel towards the back of the frame for my shovelhead project.
    Going in circles on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

47 EL
    58 FLH
    59 165 Lightweight
    98 XL
    76 CB360

The wheel at the back is a late K or Sportster wheel.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Some year ago I was at an AHRMA Vintage race meet helping with the event, judging the bike show and displaying vintage memorabilia. An older gentleman approached me and said a friend of mine sent him to see me. He had been a shop owner years before (British customs primarily) and had a pile of stuff he wanted to get rid of. He had offered it to a local shop where he was and they jacked him around so he told them to piss-off. I expressed interest and made a date to look at the stuff. When we got together he had a small shed packed to the gills with old Triumph stuff, lots of pre-unit (which I love) and some unit. After looking it over I asked him what he wanted out of the lot and he surprised me with " I don't want anything, just want it to be used and passed on to those who need it". He had a son-in-law he couldn't stand and didn't want him to profit from it in any fashion. So over a couple of weekends I hauled out two pick-up loads and a 6-1/2 by 10 flatbed trailer of stuff. We kept in touch for a couple years and then it went quiet on his end. Don't know if he passed on or moved, but his contact info went quiet. Some of the stuff went into my projects, some went down the road, some is still here waiting for the right people to come along. Oh, and the SIL committed suicide, karma perhaps??

4. Re: Lucky day

I haven't decided what to do with the front end. It is Showa and is in pretty good condition except for the rusty overlength tubes. The rear wheel is a Sportster rim on a mid star hub. I'd like to keep the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.L.Pitts View Post
    I haven't decided what to do with the front end. It is Showa and is in pretty good condition except for the rusty overlength tubes. The rear wheel is a Sportster rim on a mid star hub. I'd like to keep the rim.
    Ok no problem, I actually was needing the rim itself as well lol. I am looking for a 39 or 35mm 6 inch over narrow glide front end, that one looked about right.
    Going in circles on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

47 EL
    58 FLH
    59 165 Lightweight
    98 XL
    76 CB360

OK guys, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that ScottTZ is a spammer. And I'm not going to open that link to find out!

Yeah, that post doesn't make any sense to me!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottTZ View Post
    I've had an issue like that last week. And the toolset that helped me a lot and always helps is tap and die toolkit. It's one of the most important things to me, cause the only things that I was using is tap and die toolkit (like this: https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-tap-die-set-review/). I can be in any state or province, but I know for sure, that some tools for that toolkit, and I will fix any problem that will appear.
    I'm thinking of taking a trip to either Oslo, London, or Tierra del Fuego next week. I'll be taking my tap and die set, in case I get diarrhea.

Buh bye Scotty....

Thanks Big!!

Thread Information