Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Servicar Passenger Seat Ideas

Servicar Passenger Seat Ideas

Has anyone ever built a custom two person seat for a Servicar ? Fiberglass type Servicars to be more specific. There does not seem to be enough clearance between the box and the seat post for a 45 buddy seat so a custom seat would need to be made. A seat which would be a bolt on without any modification to the bike itself. Any ideas would be great to hear as well. Thanks, Paps

Re: Servicar Passenger Seat Ideas

Paul,
    Pretty tight quarters those servi cars.The only viable solution may be a nose extention. Goes on the front of the seat and provides the operator with a very cramped position.Good for a kid though.I know these have been discussed here before.
    Good luck,
    Bob

The factory seated passengers on top of the box up to the fiberglass versions. Then they dropped the option.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Thanks Bob. Between The little womans weight of 100 lb. and mine now down to 160 doesn't seem to be an issue. I've shrunk to 5'7" and the little remains just under 5'.

Thanks Robbie. Do you know the part number for this box lid seat ? Have a pic...a brochure, anything that would give me more options would help.

Paps, Here's a pic for you. It wasn't nothing special. As Robbie said ,seat was for metal box, I really don't think it will work with the fiberglass box. If you really want a nice comfortable seat for a passenger you might want to buy another box and cut it out to make one. Good luck

https://www.gogocycles.com/harley-se...-for-sale.html

Local Pick up Jersey City N.J Asking $750.00 which is very reasonable considering the prices that others are charging for Harley Davidson Servi Car parts or will consider on Best Offers for the Harley Servi Car box for sale in this classified!

Thanks for the pics and ideas Fellas. One detail I neglected to mention is mine has a large police radio receiver in the box. I had pondered a spare box, one I would build custom so I did not destroy the original. The seat on the lid might work with reinforcements underneath. I could custom fit it to the little woman and punch only a few holes in the lid. Those could be filled at a later date.

Strap her down so she doesn't slide off. LOL

My servi has a metal box, when I first got it my wife wanted to ride, I told her to get on top of the box an hold the side handles. She is too short to reach both handles and said it is just shy of terrifying . Other than "remodeling" the box don't know if it is doable. This should give you an excuse to purchase a WL ? - Although it did not work for me (HA).

Here's my old 57 PAN Trike. Took it out to Yellowstone and back in 1983. Wife loved it.Had fun putting it together,ran great out and back. Sold the frame and put the motor back in it's OEM frame. still have it today, (with sidecar)

Cool pics, however the stock Servi frame is shorter than that Pan conversion was so Paps doesn't have the luxury of room for a longer seat.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Thread Information