Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to sell 39el

Going to sell 39el

AS I GET OLDER IT IS HARDER TO MAINTAIN ALL THE BIKES I HAVE, I AM GOING TO START TO LET A FEW GO, STARTING WITH THE UNRESTORED, BUT REPAINTED 39EL I JUST GOT FROM THE GUYS FAMILY THAT I GREW UP WITH, I HAVE IT RUNNING BUT IT STILL NEEDS SOME FINE TUNING, HIS NEPHEW WAS ABLE TO FIND ONE OF THE ORG 18 IN WHEELS WITH THE FRON HUB ON IT, THE SEAT SHOWN IS THE ORG, BUT NEEDS REFINISHD, I HAVE AN AFTERMARKET 39 SEAT ON IT NOW, THIS IS A VERY ORG 39 EL THAT IS A ONE FAMILY OWNED, I HAVE KNOW ABOUT THIS BIKE SINCE THE MID 50'S, MY FRIENDS DAD WAS THE LOCAL BARBER WHO BOUGHT IT NEW AND GAVE IT TO MY FRIEND FOR HIS HS GRADUATION. I AN PUTTING IT ON HERE 1ST FOR ABOUT A WEEK OR SO TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST, THEN IT WILL GO TO SOCIAL MEDIA AND EBAY, HERE IS A SHOT OF IT, ITHINK MOST OF YOU ALREADY KNOW ALL THE DETAILS

Re: Going to sell 39el

Love to have a '39. My favorite year Knuckle. But I am in the same position these days. Too many projects, and not enough time, money, or most importantly energy to get them done!
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

I know robbie, getting old is tough, but i guess it is better than not getting old, i would love to keep everything, but i have come to realize i cannot do that, i am enjoying my 36 knuck and the rest of the herd, but i know some day they will have to go also, great to hear from you robbie and thanks so much for all the help down through the years, larry

I think I just want to die while still looking at my pile. Then Julie can give what she wants to some and auction the rest. Problem I am the youngest in my group of friends! Tough decision.

Right you are, Danny. I love looking at my bikes while having a cocktail They're paid for, I always have some kind of piddling, to big project going on, and I think motorcycles are (one of my favorite) among many of the most beautiful things on this earth. Even if I'm 92 and I have to sit in a wheel chair, with a big boobed nurse holding my colostomy bag while I drink a gin & tonic; I'll be a happy dude. As for passing them on. There isn't a kid in this part of Sarasota that could give a shit about an old motorcycle. After I'm dead, I will be way beyond caring about what happens to them.

However, you need to do what you think is best, Larry. No doubt, you will do well with your '39 as I concur with Robbie. The '39 EL was H-Ds best looking Knucklehead, and arguably their best looking bike; post 1916 of course

Good luck on the sale Larry. i'm sure it will sell easily> If I could afford it i'd be knocking on your door tomorrow.

Thanks guys for all the nice words and encouragement, i really appreicate all of you

Larry, PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    Love to have a '39. My favorite year Knuckle. But I am in the same position these days. Too many projects, and not enough time, money, or most importantly energy to get them done!
    You know I’m always here for you Robbie 😊
    1938 WLDR
    1940 WL (Race Bike)
    1944 WL
    1976 FLH

http://1944WL.webs.com

Thread Information