Thread: Share The Love, Invite New Members Here

Share The Love, Invite New Members Here

Not sure what's the deal, but following the massive numbers of Russian trolls applying for membership here last month, we have almost no new member requests.

I'd like to ask everyone here to invite others who might find this place worth joining and posting.

Please invite your friends and fellow enthusiasts. The more the merrier!
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

Re: Share The Love, Invite New Members Here

Buzz, I think that is a good idea, and you need to rattle the cage from time to time. I have promoted your site to my die-hard vintage motorcycle buds, but I have yet to see them post here. I think CAIMAG is the best vintage motorcycle site on the internet so I can't understand why they won't participate. I get a bit belligerent with some of my friends who know particular bikes (bible and verse) but will not share their knowledge. They jump all over people who get details wrong, but they won't contribute to the knowledge base so others can learn. In my opinion; a person is either addicted to old motorcycles, or they are a poser, and if they won't share their know-how, then they are dick heads. . . I guess I went too far again

Buzz

This is a good idea,for sure,my friend Gary tried to become a new members and hopefully he will finally get through the barricade of this site,sometimes you need to get some restrictions to stop russian trolls to flood this site i understand ,hopefully regular bike lovers will be able to become members now,thanks
    If a work deserves to be made it deserves to be well made and even if that work is well made there is always a way to improve it

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    Buzz, I think that is a good idea, and you need to rattle the cage from time to time. I have promoted your site to my die-hard vintage motorcycle buds, but I have yet to see them post here. I think CAIMAG is the best vintage motorcycle site on the internet so I can't understand why they won't participate. I get a bit belligerent with some of my friends who know particular bikes (bible and verse) but will not share their knowledge. They jump all over people who get details wrong, but they won't contribute to the knowledge base so others can learn. In my opinion; a person is either addicted to old motorcycles, or they are a poser, and if they won't share their know-how, then they are dick heads. . . I guess I went too far again
    I know exactly what you mean. We are the keepers of the flame, and if we don't share our knowledge and passion we risk the flame getting weaker or going away.
    Buzz Kanter
    American Iron Magazine Harley forum
    American Iron Magazine Digital Delivery

"It is always fascinating to watch the development of rationalizations for an argument"

I want to amend my comment and say that people have their own valid reasons for not writing in the forum. My sanctimonious comment makes me think I'm the dick head

Your comments were fine ,lots of knowledge here about old bike,but sometimes too much big of an ego for some peoples,.....some prefer to argue with those who have the guts to post something,we all do our things differently ....when your 6 feet under no one would know what technical info you had in your head ,why don't you post now before it is too late.
    If a work deserves to be made it deserves to be well made and even if that work is well made there is always a way to improve it

Ray and all other members on the thread i most definitely will pick you brains every odd while hahaha thank you. just joined and still figuring out how this whole site works.
    Im glad to be here

Greatest site ever, lots of knowledge and members who are glad to share, I love this forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1938Knuck View Post
    Ray and all other members on the thread i most definitely will pick you brains every odd while hahaha thank you. just joined and still figuring out how this whole site works.
    Im glad to be here
    Hi Gary

You finally made it glad you are in ,for those who might remember me posting a 1940 Knucklehead with sidecar for sale a few years ago,that was for Gary to help him sell his late father,s bike,since then he have decide to get on this forum ,he still have lots of stuff form early Knucklehead ,Flathead Panhead,Sportster,Shovelhead that might be some interest for all you guys

http://www.caimag.com/forum/showthre...40+knucklehead

Thread Information