Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The future is here !

The future is here !

Perhaps you have heard already ... If not, the future has arrived.
    Harley is releasing the "livewire" an electric motorcycle in 2019 priced modestly at $29,799.
    This will make your knucklehead more obsolete then it already is.
    I know some of you will embrace the future and want to unload your old, obsolete, piles of rolling junk.
    In view of this development I am offering $100 for running knuckleheads that retain all the original factory parts.
    This is a limited time offer as I only have so much money and limited space, I can only store ten of them, please act quickly ...

Re: The future is here !

30k and you can't even ride it cross country. They'd be better off selling what they're smokin....

They'd be better off selling what they're smokin....
    Mark,
    Think about all the time and money spent to develop this.
    A group of engineers around a big table talking about what to do and how to do it.
    Joe, you develop the batteries
    Bill, you have the motors
    Jeramiah your in charge of the charging system
    Tom you do the mechanicals
    On and on it goes, Bill Harley rises from the grave and says wtf is going on here !

How did this happen ?
    Did a group of engineers go to the board and say we should develop and electric motorcycle.
    Or did the board decide this and say boys we are going electric.
    My guess is because of Toyotas success and everyone heads in that direction Harley joins in.
    Is this really the future ? Hard to say. 80 years from now some guys find a livewire abandoned in a garage and shed and off they go !

Batteries 'r dead-as-a-doornail after 80 years. You'll hafta plug it into your windmill for a spell.
    Unguided, human-driven vehicles like that are illegal, anyway, except in some rural parts, since they're not subject to the universal GPS traffic guidance system that drives everything on the highways.
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
    30k and you can't even ride it cross country. They'd be better off selling what they're smokin....
    Definitely not very practical for a cross country trip but I wouldn't say that you couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Unguided, human-driven vehicles like that are illegal, anyway, except in some rural parts, since they're not subject to the universal GPS traffic guidance system that drives everything on the highways.
    For closed-course use only.
    Grooving in Shovely sunshine

There is no bike made that I would spend 30 bills on.
    "Never wake up a Dummy, let him sleep. He might wake up and hurt himself." my good friend, John Fitzgerald (Southside Chicago)

Quote Originally Posted by jwl View Post
    Definitely not very practical for a cross country trip but I wouldn't say that you couldn't do it.
    I guess as long as you don't mind stopping and charge for 3 hours every 200 miles......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
    I guess as long as you don't mind stopping and charge for 3 hours every 200 miles......
    True. Kinda like the Cannonball. From coast to coast in a series of short jaunts. Lotsa time for visiting, pulled pork sandwiches, and adjustments while recharging. Wouldn't be much fun alone, but in a group it might be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jwl View Post
    True. Kinda like the Cannonball. From coast to coast in a series of short jaunts. Lotsa time for visiting, pulled pork sandwiches, and adjustments while recharging. Wouldn't be much fun alone, but in a group it might be fun.
    You have a point; it might be fun.

But my guess is that a group of guys whose camaraderie revolves around the love of their battery powered green machines will be passing up the pork sandwiches for quiche.

Thread Information