Thread: New from North Dakota

1. New from North Dakota

Hello,
    I have always liked vintage bikes, been a member of AMCA for a couple years but donít have a bike yet. This fall I happened to be in the Black Hills putting some miles on my Road King while the AMCA was having their road run. After walking through the host hotel parking lot and checking out all the bikes I decided to get serious about finding a bike. Already got the Palmer book to study. Lots of knowledge to be gained here as well. Looking for a foot clutch/hand shift Pan, maybe an older restoration.

Jay

Re: New from North Dakota

Welcome to the zoo Jay. Good luck on your search. It's mandatory you post pictures for us once you score a pan.
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL Love/Hate Relationship

Welcome, I live in ND as well. Golden Valley, to be exact. Stop by if you are in the area. John Lindemann

4. Re: New from North Dakota

Welcome, from Gettysburg, PA! There is no known cure for the antique motorcycle bug, except for....more and more motorcycles! The quest for the right bike is a big part of the fun as well. Just ask questions and post photos of any bike you are considering, if you can. You will receive a lot of good advice and maybe just a little ribbing too.

I love your part of the country, I need to get back out there....

5. Re: New from North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by jwl View Post
    Welcome, I live in ND as well. Golden Valley, to be exact. Stop by if you are in the area. John Lindemann
    Hey John,
    I heard you were in Deadwood as well. Apparently people think everyone in North Dakota knows each other? Almost, but not quite. Been in ND my whole life, Williston the last 35 years.

Jay

Welcome Jay. Old bikes keep you coming back for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jayl71 View Post
    Hey John,
    I heard you were in Deadwood as well. Apparently people think everyone in North Dakota knows each other? Almost, but not quite. Been in ND my whole life, Williston the last 35 years.

Jay
    Jay, just North of you in Winnipeg area. There is a very strong chapter of the AMCA in your area called the Roosevelt Chapter. I have known many of the members for decades and you are lucky to have them in your area. I would check them out and they will be a wealth of help. By the way we have a Rally in June up here in Manitoba,for about a 100 bikes Check out AMCM.CA to stay in the loop. We are only hours away Cheers

8. Re: New from North Dakota

Thanks Ross, that reminds me, I need to renew my passport before next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jayl71 View Post
    Thanks Ross, that reminds me, I need to renew my passport before next summer.
    Good idea, I read somewhere lately that over half of Americans do not have a valid passport. I spend a great deal of time in the USA, but liked it better when all we needed was a drivers license to go back and forth. Now I get the 10 year passports so I don't forget.

Thread Information