Thread: Best reproduction Harley Fenders

Re: Best reproduction Harley Fenders

yeah
    its a great idea!
    Tom is a man to talk with

MOA

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    It would make a cool magazine article showing replicant’s production facilities . He’s only in Pennsylvania. Make a day trip and a write up out of it. Get a set of fenders and an article. Readers might like to see how antique bike parts are made.
    Be very interesting to see how the sausage is made, especially large sheet metal sausages.
    27 JD (almost)

You can buy them from WW cycles , all of that stuff is made in Poland and is pretty nice. Way better than the old repro fenders but still subtle differences if you see them side by side. A friend bought a set a we compared them side by side to some originals and I was impressed, also nice to see the differences so I didn't get screwed buying a set of repro fenders in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by amklyde View Post
    I didn't know Paughco was making stock replacement type fenders. Anyone had them in hand? The price is reasonable. Paughco products have generally been of good quality.
    The Paughco/V-Twin fenders are OK for a rider. They won't pass on a restoration being judged.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

Matt
    Are you saying that Tom's fenders are made in Poland?
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT MCMANUS View Post
    You can buy them from WW cycles , all of that stuff is made in Poland and is pretty nice. Way better than the old repro fenders but still subtle differences if you see them side by side. A friend bought a set a we compared them side by side to some originals and I was impressed, also nice to see the differences so I didn't get screwed buying a set of repro fenders in the future!
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.....
    But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying...
    Damn we screwed up!

Quote Originally Posted by marcina View Post
    yeah
    its a great idea!
    Tom is a man to talk with

MOA
    I agree. I'd love to see TOMS facility where he makes his fenders, tanks and exhausts. FANTASTIC workmanship.
    Mark

Thanks Chris. I did not want to order a pair just to see what they looked like. I have most of the fenders I need for my projects, but some of them are very rough. I like the look od Tom's front fenders, but I have heard they are a little wide and can cause some clearance problems with the rigid leg. Probably sorted out by now. I have one of Merle Wolfes fenders for the rear of my 37ULH but it is going to take a lot of work to get it to look right. I have a very nice pair of fenders for 34-36 VL I would trade for a decent pair for the 37.

I think it also depends on the condition and set up of the front forks with Tom's front fender.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT MCMANUS View Post
    That's good to know. DO you know who in Poland is making them for W&W Cycle in Germany??

Thread Information