Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Schafer dual dc linkerts

Larry Schafer dual dc linkerts

So I've had the pleasure of owning an O.P. 1959 xlch which has been damn near unmolested since day one. Obviously the dual carbs are not factory and won't be coming off anytime soon. I have limited knowledge of Larry Schafer and the product he put out and wouldn't mind getting schooled so I can hold an intelligent conversation about it. Any help from the class would be very appreciated?

Re: Larry Schafer dual dc linkerts

Very unique way of hooking the two throttle linkages together, does it work good?

Quote Originally Posted by pan620 View Post
    Very unique way of hooking the two throttle linkages together, does it work good?
    Flawless actually!!

Looks like the whole set up would have to come off just to set the points on the mag.Still a cool set up.

Quote Originally Posted by chibobber View Post
    Looks like the whole set up would have to come off just to set the points on the mag.Still a cool set up.
    Yes, and a stuck float on the right carb is not your friend either. Ask me how I know, but none of it deters from the cool factor.
    Last edited by murph; 07-28-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Is it a stock intake between the cylinders? If so what's the benefit? Is there a delayed opening for the second carb?

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Is it a stock intake between the cylinders? If so what's the benefit? Is there a delayed opening for the second carb?
    It is a stock intake between the cylinders, Is there a benefit? None that I see in my years of riding iron head sportsters. I will say it is the best running sportster I have ever ridden (and there's been a lot). Coincidence? could be. As stated it is really a cool factor that is hard to walk by without a comment. No delay opening of the second carb.

In order to keep this going, here's a pic of my incomplete chromed set up....

There were also another type, with the carbs parallel to each other & one reversed, no idea if it's earlier or later. And it's not mine, had the pics saved several years ago.

Surprised no one has info on this thus far. Anyone????

10. Re: Larry Schafer dual dc linkerts

Quote Originally Posted by epinut View Post
    There were also another type, with the carbs parallel to each other & one reversed, no idea if it's earlier or later. And it's not mine, had the pics saved several years ago.

A friend ran this setup in the late 60's/early 70's and said it ran like garbage. I think you needed a modified DC-2 for the mirror image carb.
    "Ride 'em, don't hide 'em!"

Thread Information