Thread: New member in N.E. Ohio

1. New member in N.E. Ohio

1-P0004083adj-001.jpg

Hello People!
    My name is Phil and I live in the Akron/Canton OH area. This form and members have already be a great help to me in finding parts for my beloved '41 WL "John Lee" (after J.L. Hooker). I bought the motorcycle 43 yrs. ago as a rolling basket case chopper, It's my first bike. I did everything myself except boring the cylinders and re-bushing the lower legs. We've been on several 500-1000 mile runs together and it has never let me down. I love riding it! I also own a '71 BSA B50T and an '88 BMW R100.
    Glad to be here! LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE

Re: New member in N.E. Ohio

I saw John Lee Hooker play at the Wollman Skating Rink in Central Park in the Summer of Love, 1967. I was 15 and went with my Brother, and his friend Buddy Bates. I had never heard anything like that, and have since heard many imitators; but no one like the 'one-and-only' - John Lee Hooker. Welcome, pheel, and thanks for the memory jump start, and apologize for the side track, and old guy blathering.
    Last edited by axeric; 06-25-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Welcome pheel. I live in N E Ohio as well.

Welcome to the club....

5. Re: New member in N.E. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    I saw John Lee Hooker play at the Wollman Skating Rink in Central Park in the Summer of Love, 1967. I was 15 and went with my Brother, and his friend Buddy Bates. I had never heard anything like that, and have since heard many imitators; but no one like the 'one-and-only' - John Lee Hooker. Welcome, pheel, and thanks for the memory jump start, and apologize for the side track, and old guy blathering.
    Thanks axeric for sharing that memory, that must have been just plain awesome! You're so lucky to have seen him back then, WOW! I saw JLH twice in the late '80s when he played at a bar in the Cleveland Flats. He was up in years but still had 'that sound' and still got up and did 'The Boogie'. He autographed an album cover of a early 33 of his that I had found in a used record store in Gainesville FL. He wanted to know where I got it! He was The Man no doubt about it! (Another old guy blathering)

Thread Information