Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rightside Shift Tank and 3 Speed Gate

Rightside Shift Tank and 3 Speed Gate

I have the smooth leftside but need a righthand tank for a rightside shift. I also need a 3 speed gate. I have a very nice rightside tank to trade and also a smooth leftside early tank for a rightside shift that I will trade as well. Will be happy to buy outright if no trades. This is for a '41-'46 BTSV. Will consider any condition but prefer a nice tank. Not what I would want for a rider but desirable for a correct resto I am about to start. Seadub

2. Re: Rightside Shift Tank and 3 Speed Gate

my son is at Rhinebeck swap he sent me a photo of a set there, $2500 ,i wont be buying them at that price ,i want a set for my umg ,Rob

Re: Rightside Shift Tank and 3 Speed Gate

hairynob24,
    What year UMG do you have? I have a NOS shift gate for a '39 UMG if you need one for that year.

Quote Originally Posted by hairynob24 View Post
    my son is at Rhinebeck swap he sent me a photo of a set there, $2500 ,i wont be buying them at that price ,i want a set for my umg ,Rob
    I have a leftside tank for your UMG. That price is really not that bad. Are the tanks at the swap early style for your bike or later '41-'46 like I am looking for? I do just need mainly the rightside and gate, but will take a complete set. Seadub

these tanks are for a 40 ul police bike. they have the shift lever bracket on both tanks. a rod ran from the right tank to the left tank and hooked into the rod going back to the transmission. you can see the two holes in the left tank where some one tried to convert them to left side shift. the holes for the right side shift gate have been leaded in. these are not my tanks they are not for sale or trade.

6. Re: Rightside Shift Tank and 3 Speed Gate

Seadub the tanks are more for your year ,has the seagrant strips on them ,Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hairynob24 View Post
    Seadub the tanks are more for your year ,has the seagrant strips on them ,Rob
    Please get me contact info for the seller. I would be interested in them. Seadub

Bump. Possibly found the shifter crossover shaft and linkage. Still need a tank/tanks. Seadub

9. Re: Rightside Shift Tank and 3 Speed Gate

Seadub i dont have a contact i am in Oz,sorry Rob ,surely there would be someone here would know ..

Possibly found the shifter crossover shaft and linkage.
    Again, be sure you are acquiring BT parts and not 45. The under tank cross shaft is the same, however the short shift arm is a different length between the two models.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Thread Information