Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police Blue

Re: Police Blue

Yes it did. It was one of 3 ordered at the same time. I know where the paperwork is for the other 2. They were all 3 rightside shift, 3 speeds. Seadub

I have over 70 colors of H-D paint.

I think I still have a can of Police Blue.

Contact me after the 21st.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

That is so awesome! As always, much appreciated. Seadub

Seadub, I sent you a copy of a sales order for a 41ULH in police blue. The order is from Molenaar’s and the PD is Gary which I assume is Gary, Indiana.
    Eric

Got it. I was wrong about the bike being ordered by the Hammond PD. It was ordered from Hammond, IN. The PD was Gary and you have the mate, of 3, to mine. They ordered 3 at the same time and the pic you sent is identical order form to mine. Do you have or know who has the bike the form belongs to? This kind of provenance is hard to come by for a bike this old. Seadub

I had a 2003 Peace Officer Special in my shop last weekIt was modern HD police blue.I wonder if it like Chris's old can?It was not the same blue as my chicago

I would get in touch with Doug at the Police Motorcycle Museum in Meredith, New Hampshire and see if they can help you out. I have seen many shades of blue on police bikes depending on the jurisdiction.

Rollo

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I would get in touch with Doug at the Police Motorcycle Museum in Meredith, New Hampshire and see if they can help you out. I have seen many shades of blue on police bikes depending on the jurisdiction.

Rollo
    Yep. That is why I am looking for the Police blue the factory used when you ordered a bike already painted from the factory. It was a specific shade and I believe Ghris has the exact color in the can. Seadub

Quote Originally Posted by bianese View Post
    Got it. I was wrong about the bike being ordered by the Hammond PD. It was ordered from Hammond, IN. The PD was Gary and you have the mate, of 3, to mine. They ordered 3 at the same time and the pic you sent is identical order form to mine. Do you have or know who has the bike the form belongs to? This kind of provenance is hard to come by for a bike this old. Seadub
    Sorry but I don’t know who has the bike the form belongs to. I have pictures of several sales orders and I usually save them from eBay so that’s probably where I got that one. I have no photo of the bike and/or its serial number so the sales order must have been on eBay by itself.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Big Twin View Post
    Sorry but I don’t know who has the bike the form belongs to. I have pictures of several sales orders and I usually save them from eBay so that’s probably where I got that one. I have no photo of the bike and/or its serial number so the sales order must have been on eBay by itself.
    Eric
    I was hoping you had a tip on the owner but I know where the paperwork is that you sent me. The guy I got mine from must still have the other 2. He has matched up quite a few bikes for people over the last few years. The many boxes of paperwork that Harry saved were the only things that didn't get pillaged, stolen, or sold. Glad they were saved. Seadub

Thread Information