Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Police Blue

  1. #11

    Re: Police Blue

    Yes it did. It was one of 3 ordered at the same time. I know where the paperwork is for the other 2. They were all 3 rightside shift, 3 speeds. Seadub

  2. #12

    Re: Police Blue

    I have over 70 colors of H-D paint.

    I think I still have a can of Police Blue.

    Contact me after the 21st.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

  3. #13

    Re: Police Blue

    That is so awesome! As always, much appreciated. Seadub

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,348

    Re: Police Blue

    Seadub, I sent you a copy of a sales order for a 41ULH in police blue. The order is from Molenaar’s and the PD is Gary which I assume is Gary, Indiana.
    Eric

  5. #15

    Re: Police Blue

    Got it. I was wrong about the bike being ordered by the Hammond PD. It was ordered from Hammond, IN. The PD was Gary and you have the mate, of 3, to mine. They ordered 3 at the same time and the pic you sent is identical order form to mine. Do you have or know who has the bike the form belongs to? This kind of provenance is hard to come by for a bike this old. Seadub

  6. #16

    Re: Police Blue

    I had a 2003 Peace Officer Special in my shop last weekIt was modern HD police blue.I wonder if it like Chris's old can?It was not the same blue as my chicago

  7. #17

    Re: Police Blue

    I would get in touch with Doug at the Police Motorcycle Museum in Meredith, New Hampshire and see if they can help you out. I have seen many shades of blue on police bikes depending on the jurisdiction.


    Rollo

  8. #18

    Re: Police Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I would get in touch with Doug at the Police Motorcycle Museum in Meredith, New Hampshire and see if they can help you out. I have seen many shades of blue on police bikes depending on the jurisdiction.


    Rollo
    Yep. That is why I am looking for the Police blue the factory used when you ordered a bike already painted from the factory. It was a specific shade and I believe Ghris has the exact color in the can. Seadub

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,348

    Re: Police Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by bianese View Post
    Got it. I was wrong about the bike being ordered by the Hammond PD. It was ordered from Hammond, IN. The PD was Gary and you have the mate, of 3, to mine. They ordered 3 at the same time and the pic you sent is identical order form to mine. Do you have or know who has the bike the form belongs to? This kind of provenance is hard to come by for a bike this old. Seadub
    Sorry but I don’t know who has the bike the form belongs to. I have pictures of several sales orders and I usually save them from eBay so that’s probably where I got that one. I have no photo of the bike and/or its serial number so the sales order must have been on eBay by itself.
    Eric

  10. #20

    Re: Police Blue

    Quote Originally Posted by Speeding Big Twin View Post
    Sorry but I don’t know who has the bike the form belongs to. I have pictures of several sales orders and I usually save them from eBay so that’s probably where I got that one. I have no photo of the bike and/or its serial number so the sales order must have been on eBay by itself.
    Eric
    I was hoping you had a tip on the owner but I know where the paperwork is that you sent me. The guy I got mine from must still have the other 2. He has matched up quite a few bikes for people over the last few years. The many boxes of paperwork that Harry saved were the only things that didn't get pillaged, stolen, or sold. Glad they were saved. Seadub

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. little RED WHITE an BLUE
    By gww in forum General Motorcycle Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 05:10 PM
  2. Seafoam Blue
    By dps in forum Indian Motorcycle
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-24-2016, 05:42 AM
  3. Function of red and blue police hazard lights
    By ViennaHog in forum Harley 1965 & Later
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 01:46 AM
  4. HD 9860-BG (Hi Fi Blue)???
    By Chris in Japan in forum Sheet Metal, Paint & Finish
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 07:56 PM
  5. Name of the blue used in '79
    By salmja in forum Harley 1965 & Later
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •