Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JT Cycleworks

JT Cycleworks

Anyone deal with these folks before I did ? They are located in Muskego, WI and did not pay for their part. When they finally sent a check, on good faith, I shipped the part. A few days after depositing that check, it came back stating the bank cannot locate that account. The bank said to contact them. I did....by email several times and by telephone several dozen times. They will not reply to my emails and will not answer the telephone when I call. They answered every time when the were requesting an invoice for the part. I provided them with a paid in full receipt with the packaged part since I had possession of their check. I suspect they are going to try and use that receipt as evidence of making payment. Their problem is, they cannot prove from their very own bank institution they actually made the payment. However, I can prove from my banking institution they sent a bad check which was un cashable. Wonder what my next step should be. The invoice was over 200.00.

Re: JT Cycleworks

That stinks that you have to go through that, Paps. It's very rare that I've been burned by bike people, but I guess it happens. I hope it works out for you.

The next step is to report it to the Wisconsin Attorney Generals Office and they should follow up on it. Also their consumer affairs office. And the Postal Inspector as it constitutes mail fraud if they did it by mail.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

Quote Originally Posted by axeric View Post
    That stinks that you have to go through that, Paps. It's very rare that I've been burned by bike people, but I guess it happens. I hope it works out for you.
    Thanks Eric. They sounded so legit at first.

I have benn screwed over by a few long distant vendors only to have it work out a few months later. I think it will work out for you. I dont’t know them but maybe they have something going on in their lives right now. Call them from a different number and see if they answer. Then see if they give you the run around. Then change the way you do business this ain’t the good ole days anymore.

rob....I will give them more time but ignoring calls ? Emails ? I like the different number deal. I will try it. If they honor the transaction, I will drop it. Maybe it will teach them a lesson.

rob...I got a call from them today. They promise to make good within the next 5 days or so.

Can you confirm who sent you the check? If so you may be able to contact the local sheriffs department and have them arrested for issuing a bad check. In some states this is the law. Its key to be able to identify the check writer. Typically that is why a receiver of a check should get a drivers lic # from the writer and write that # on the check. Many years ago I had a customer of the business I once worked for arrested at their place of employment. Yes it was fun . The amount was over $10,000 . We knew they where shady to start with. Furthermore we never released the product to them til after they came in with cash.
    Your situation is slightly different. Protect your self. Hope you get your money.

They say now the money is coming. It will be a certified check this time. They want the original back. I am ok with that but this time the money will have to totally clear before that check gets returned. My friend said sit on for one month.

Hay paps,
    Never heard of them, but I'm 20 minutes away. .if i can do anything to help.

Thread Information