Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1936 on EBAY

1936 on EBAY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-Harley...aceb%7Ciid%3A1

I thought you guys would be all over this already...

Re: 1936 on EBAY

It'll go for more than it's worth. Hardly "unrestored," there are replacement parts all over it, like the shift knob for example. The "nice, original speedo" he includes has nothing to do with an EL; it's (100 mph) for a Servicar. Fork is later, frame ( a biggie) is at least '37, maybe later. That would kill it for judging. Good candidate for one of those $2400 repro '36 frames?
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    AGENT ORRNGE Survivor. So far.
    The Friendly Fire that Keeps on Burnin'.
    F.O.G. member: http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
    www.37UL.com
    "It's a 1937, and the downside is, it's out of warranty"

Hopefully it doesn't get ripped apart and sold for parts.

Is it original paint? His description is confusing or i need better reading skills.

I think it's admirable that it's built to ride. The narrow OE outer primary cover shown in the picture of spares that come with it gives it away: the "3-finger" 1941-later primary cover on the bike is required to cover a (very practical) almost bullet-proof 1941-later clutch. It's a rider in the best sense.
    Last edited by Sarge; 04-17-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    www.37UL.com

It's, I think, what we used to call an "older restoration:"

I have for sale my 1936 Harley Davidson (knucklehead) This was the last model the original four founders of Harley-Davidson designed and built together. This has to be one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make, selling my 36 knuckle. I have owned, ridden and maintained this bike for more than 20 years, it has never been restored. The bike has always been a pleasure to own and ride for me, my family and my friends, I am sure I will regret selling it. Although I have owned and maintained this bike, I am by no means an expert on 36el's. With that being said, the bike runs and rides down the road straight and true, it is very fast for an 82-year-old motorcycle, faster than I like to ride. Keep in mind it does not ride like a new bike, it is like any other old unrestored vehicle. All the rides I have been on it has never left me stranded (even in pouring rain !! other than running out of gas occasionally), it has always started for me. Being unrestored, it is like any other motorcycle, parts have broken and been changed throughout its life. The seat is original and correct. The frame is a 1937, 7/8 reinforcement bar and brazed in brake stay. The engine case's do not match but are close, the left case with nice numbers has been repaired, long ago before I owned it The front fork is late 30's, the larger rear brake is late 30's. the transmission case is early 40's. The fenders are correct (butterfly reinforcements, see pic's) the tanks are correct. It has a very nice (36 only) restored shifter and gate. The wheels and hubs (nice early originals but not the stepped hubs) have just been maintained with new seals and stainless spokes installed. The tires are new Coker Diamond treads. I have a beautiful original speedometer and face (not a repop) restored that is included. I have a nice set of late 36 early 37 heads and four fin cylinders included, (some fins have been welded) I also have an early narrow primary cover (see pic's) the bike does have the correct narrow clutch. I tried to post as many pictures as possible. I have a short video of the bike running but I was unable to post it. The bike runs good and does not smoke. The Wisconsin 36 Plate and rear Carrier are NOT Included (sentimental reasons) I tried to be as honest and correct in my description. You can ride this bike as is now, and enjoy it, or restore it if you prefer. I will expect 500 dollar deposit within 24 hours of end of sale and a Certified bank check or cash when the bike is delivered or picked up. Thank You and Good Luck !! I reserve the right to end the auction at anytime.

and the number's good as gold.
    Last edited by Sarge; 04-17-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    Sarge, Gerry Lyons, Fla.
    www.37UL.com

Quote Originally Posted by cuda567 View Post
    Hopefully it doesn't get ripped apart and sold for parts.
    Why not? It is obviously something assembled from mismatched parts.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    Why not? It is obviously something assembled from mismatched parts.
    Chris, at first glance I thought it was fairly original but after taking a closer gander at it, wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was parted out.

a welded left case? a common location for a repair?
    1918 "Motorcyke" HD
    1947 F w/1948 LE HD
    1951 FL HD
    1970 FLH HD

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    It'll go for more than it's worth. Hardly "unrestored," there are replacement parts all over it, like the shift knob for example. The "nice, original speedo" he includes has nothing to do with an EL; it's (100 mph) for a Servicar. Fork is later, frame ( a biggie) is at least '37, maybe later. That would kill it for judging. Good candidate for one of those $2400 repro '36 frames?
    So you would call this a restored bike????

Thread Information