Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whut?

Re: Whut?

Here you go Mark, Best one on the market.

I actually have a set of teevee headphones that work pretty well. Only problem is my wife's habit of talking to me while I'm wearing them so I have to take them off and ask, WHUT?!!

I have selective hearing...the rumble of a bike engine I hear. ...the rumble of a muscle car engine I hear....the rumble of the wife's mouth goes in one ear and right back out the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Paps View Post
    I have selective hearing...the rumble of a bike engine I hear. ...the rumble of a muscle car engine I hear....the rumble of the wife's mouth goes in one ear and right back out the other.

There's a lot of truth in this. I have no problems with lower tones. Higher pitch is hard to make out. Most women, I have trouble hearing clearly. Guys, not as much. Naturally, women think it's on purpose.

Oddly enough, I hear vowels but struggle with consonants.
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL The Money Pit

Take a trip to Costco. Their Audiologists are great and they won't rape you on the price. I don't recommend the Bluetooth addition they offer.
    Chris Haynes
    A.M.C.A. Member
    Costco Member
    I can't Re Member
    http://vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/
    Be sure to register so you can view large photos

I don't mind the ringing in my ears it's when they answer the phone and start talking that bothers me.

I'm probably counter to most of you. I have had hearing aids for the last 15 years or so, been through the entire range of quality/price issues. I now have some Oticon Alta's. Not cheap but truly high tech using bluetooth, et al. Very happy with these. I can cruise down the road at 80 and listen to music through the hearing aids.

I am like everyone else out there. Abused my hearing through R & R, working around turbine engines my whole life. Now I pay for it. My wife still asks if I have my hearing aids in when I dont answer her. Go figure!
    Old fart ridin' a dirty '06 SG with bugs splatted all over and a smile on his face.

2006 FLHX
    1946 EL (long way to go to get her road worthy)
    1948 UL

The Bluetooth feature rocks! I can control my phone thru the pendant I wear around my neck. Make or answer calls, send text (using Siri) all while the phone is in my pocket. But, I use it mostly for music. Ha.

My ears got subjected to too many R&R concerts, then rifle fire without hearing protection and lastly wind noise from 50+ years of motorcycle riding.
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL The Money Pit

https://www.blameysaunders.com.au/?g...SAAEgKWM_D_BwE
    These get good reviews but also expensive ,
    Hearing aids make my tinnitus worse and affect your ability to hear when not being used in my case so I just don't bother like most with industrial Deafness
    regards Phil

7,000 ft up on the Palmer Divide in the Colorado Rocky Mtns

Some of the audiologists that advertise on the radio & TV around here, are making hearing aids that cancel the noise by sending out oppossite pitched noise. I guess I'm lucky as I haven't noticed any buzzing in my ears yet. Doc

Thread Information