Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nothing But Fun

Re: Nothing But Fun

I agree with maxglass; I would love to patronize a local shop, but there isn't one here in Sarasota. There are bike shops, but their interest is in contemporary motorcycles, and they don't want the headaches of vintage, esoteric (aka weird) problems. There was a shop near me, and I did buy my oil (at a premium) from them, and that gave me an insight into their shop culture, and methodology. Man, I thought I was disorganized.
    Last edited by axeric; 03-07-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Max, like you, I have no mom and pop vintage bike suppliers in my area. It's several hours drive one way to any parts dealer. So it's not a matter of not leaving the house, it's a matter of time, expense and convenience that I order online. Being a one person operation, I think she qualifies as a mom & pop store. Mom anyway.

I think I did give Penny a break when I waited two weeks on my initial order. When it arrived with wrong part, she said she would have the correct item drop shipped to me. And after another three weeks I still don't have it. To me that's past the point of giving breaks. And when "it will be there Saturday" becomes "it will be there Monday" and still didn't arrive (and still hasn't), break time is over.

Maybe my order was the exception, I don't know. As I said, maybe the one in a million. I don't know that there will be a second order to compare with.
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL Love/Hate Relationship

I've used NBFLLC and my first couple of interactions were awesome. Fast shipping, great prices and great service. The last couple have not been so great.

Penny has always been super helpful and very accommodating but it took a LONG time for my stuff to arrive on the last few purchases. .
    1938 WLDR
    1940 WL (Race Bike)
    1944 WL
    1948WR
    19545KHK

http://1944WL.webs.com

My Indie dealers are 130 miles away (and old friends). Anyone closer is an ATV/dirtbike store, or the H-D Disco-Ball emporium. The only other options are the make believe shops with zero inventory, lots of attitude, and won't give a guy who looks like me the time of day since I'm not tat covered and Van/flatbilled equipped. **** those guys.
    Friends help friends move,
    Real friends help friends move bodies!

It's funny that you mention the modern motorcycle shop, Robbie. I went into a bike shop north of Sarasota, and that was the scene. Bad attitudes, and tattoos. I made a few attempts to talk about motorcycles, but I got the message. I kept thinking; they have to pay rent on the building, and support themselves, why would they purposely chase away potential customers. I could understand if they had been busy, and hard at work. I guess I'll never understand how business works

These internet wonders do not pay for commercial property,insurance,& usually don't know diddily about the stuff they sell.They do hurt other buisinesses.I am going more vintage cars than bikes at this point because of the motorcycle culture.

Update: Penny sent a refund. I thought this would mean the part wasn't ever coming. Today, the part arrived, drop shipped from her vendor. So, I sent the refund back to her and all is square. We had a good discussion and are still friends. I'll try her again as the prices and shipping cost are really good.

In the end, I'm out a bit of time but what's another week or so!

Thanks for all your replies and input.
    To have the right to do something is not the same as to be right in doing it.

49 FL Love/Hate Relationship

8. Re: Nothing But Fun

I have been trying to get to the nbf web site and keep getting an error code. Used to be able to open, not sure what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by cHarley32 View Post
    I have been trying to get to the nbf web site and keep getting an error code. Used to be able to open, not sure what's going on.
    You might try her eBay store or Facebook,she posts a lot of her products there

Thread Information